Working on a trip to East Africa. My international flights will be in/out of Nairobi, Kenya. I would like to visit either Ngorongoro or the Serengeti in Tanzania and then continue to Rwanda (or Uganada, Rwanda is preferable) for gorilla trekking before returning to Nairobi. Which is the better choice in Tanzania, Ngorongoro or the Serengeti? I am asking not only about the sights themselves but about flight connections into and out of the area as well as costs for a solo traveller. I was looking at flight schedules from Nairobi to Tanzania, Kenya Airways flies to Dar es Salam or Mount Kilamjaro, both of which are far from either Ngorongoro or Serengeti. Am I better off considering a land transfer (which I really don't want to take due to the time and comfort factor)?
Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 12 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 13 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 14 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 15 Uganda Travel Planning
- 16 Israel and Jordan
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back