Working on a trip to East Africa. My international flights will be in/out of Nairobi, Kenya. I would like to visit either Ngorongoro or the Serengeti in Tanzania and then continue to Rwanda (or Uganada, Rwanda is preferable) for gorilla trekking before returning to Nairobi. Which is the better choice in Tanzania, Ngorongoro or the Serengeti? I am asking not only about the sights themselves but about flight connections into and out of the area as well as costs for a solo traveller. I was looking at flight schedules from Nairobi to Tanzania, Kenya Airways flies to Dar es Salam or Mount Kilamjaro, both of which are far from either Ngorongoro or Serengeti. Am I better off considering a land transfer (which I really don't want to take due to the time and comfort factor)?
Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour