Am I crazy?
Could I really be putting my family at risk to satisfy my travel obsession?
What about going back to Hawaii for December?
Family & friends hounded me no-stop after knowing that we were off to Egypt for 2 weeks. I didn't tell anyone for almost a month after booking our trip. Then I shared the news and 2 weeks later the Mexican tourist bombing happened. And then the Russian aircraft incident. I started getting antsy about the trip. We traveled before to some "supposedly not so safe" destinations before I was worried not as much about security but about whether our flights would get cancelled.
We had a fabulous 2-week trip to Egypt over the holidays in December. I'm not very good at writing creative stories about my trip but I hope all the details will help some future travelers to plan their trip better. And I absolutely cannot stress enough about how safe we found Egypt. There was never a moment where we feared for anything. In spite of the title of my report, please, please don’t let the news scare you into not going. Now is the best time to go!
Our final itinerary: Cairo – 3 nights – Mena House
Alexandria – 1 night – Hilton Corniche
Cairo – 2 nights – Marriott Omar Khayamm
Aswan – 2 nights – Movenpik Hotel
Dahabiya – 3 nights
Luxor – 3 nights – Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://x4up.org/dermafolia/
- 2 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 3 Morocco Expert Tours
- 4 Cradle of Humankind
- 5 Johannesburg...?
- 6 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 7 Luxury train ride
- 8 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 9 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 10 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 11 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 12 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 13 Petra from Israel
- 14 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 15 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 16 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 17 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 18 israel tour
- 19 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 20 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 21 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 22 Safety in Fes
- 23 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 24 Sim card mainly for data
- 25 Honeymoon - South Africa
Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
Am I crazy?