Am I crazy?
Could I really be putting my family at risk to satisfy my travel obsession?
What about going back to Hawaii for December?
Family & friends hounded me no-stop after knowing that we were off to Egypt for 2 weeks. I didn't tell anyone for almost a month after booking our trip. Then I shared the news and 2 weeks later the Mexican tourist bombing happened. And then the Russian aircraft incident. I started getting antsy about the trip. We traveled before to some "supposedly not so safe" destinations before I was worried not as much about security but about whether our flights would get cancelled.
We had a fabulous 2-week trip to Egypt over the holidays in December. I'm not very good at writing creative stories about my trip but I hope all the details will help some future travelers to plan their trip better. And I absolutely cannot stress enough about how safe we found Egypt. There was never a moment where we feared for anything. In spite of the title of my report, please, please don’t let the news scare you into not going. Now is the best time to go!
Our final itinerary: Cairo – 3 nights – Mena House
Alexandria – 1 night – Hilton Corniche
Cairo – 2 nights – Marriott Omar Khayamm
Aswan – 2 nights – Movenpik Hotel
Dahabiya – 3 nights
Luxor – 3 nights – Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Buying merchandise
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 4 Egypt January-February 2018
- 5 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 7 safari for the mobility impaired
- 8 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 9 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 10 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 13 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 14 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 15 Dining in Cape Town
- 16 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 17 Dubai plan
- 18 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 19 Israel with kids in August
- 20 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 21 Iran in May
- 22 South Africa in June
- 23 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 24 IRAN
- 25 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
Am I crazy?