Am I crazy?
Could I really be putting my family at risk to satisfy my travel obsession?
What about going back to Hawaii for December?
Family & friends hounded me no-stop after knowing that we were off to Egypt for 2 weeks. I didn't tell anyone for almost a month after booking our trip. Then I shared the news and 2 weeks later the Mexican tourist bombing happened. And then the Russian aircraft incident. I started getting antsy about the trip. We traveled before to some "supposedly not so safe" destinations before I was worried not as much about security but about whether our flights would get cancelled.
We had a fabulous 2-week trip to Egypt over the holidays in December. I'm not very good at writing creative stories about my trip but I hope all the details will help some future travelers to plan their trip better. And I absolutely cannot stress enough about how safe we found Egypt. There was never a moment where we feared for anything. In spite of the title of my report, please, please don’t let the news scare you into not going. Now is the best time to go!
Our final itinerary: Cairo – 3 nights – Mena House
Alexandria – 1 night – Hilton Corniche
Cairo – 2 nights – Marriott Omar Khayamm
Aswan – 2 nights – Movenpik Hotel
Dahabiya – 3 nights
Luxor – 3 nights – Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 NORTON Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 NORTON Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 Morocco Trip Report
- 4 Current Recs for Driver/Guide in Morocco
- 5 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 8 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 9 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 10 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 11 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 12 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 13 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 14 Marrakech
- 15 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 16 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 17 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 18 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 19 Audley Travel
- 20 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 21 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 22 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 25 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
Am I crazy?