I have just returned from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. I was a bit nervous about the border crossing at Kazungula and about the road blocks but decide to give it a try anyway rather then taking a shuttle across. I did however leave my trailer behind as I was returning after three days.
I also made sure to leave fairly early in order to miss the overland trucks who arrive mid morning. This was a good trick as the border was fairly quiet and with the help of the agents " they help and work for the insurance" I got the correct paperwork and filled in what I needed. I also got the correct funds together. It cost me around +/- $50 for all insurance and permit and took about 60 minutes. If you rent a vehicle it will cost you a lot more and you need to fill out a bit more information.
On the way to Victoria falls their were no road blocks that stopped us. The road goes through the Zambezi National Park so keep a look out for wildlife. It was a very easy crossing and we really enjoyed our three days in the falls.
A couple of tips for what you need in order to cross
Your vehicle needs white reflectors in front and red at the back. You need a vest in the vehicle, two warning triangles in case your break down and a fire extinguisher. I also keep a few cold drinks in case a friendly officer needs a drink or two. It seems to help cool down most situations in Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Questions
- 2 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 3 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 4 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 5 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 6 Botswana safari recs
- 7 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 8 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 9 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 10 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 11 Botswana in January
- 12 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 13 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 14 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 15 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 16 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 17 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 18 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 19 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 20 2 days i n JO'burg
- 21 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 22 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 23 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 24 Zambia HELP!
- 25 Israel in January
Kazungula border crossing Victoria falls report back