I have just returned from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. I was a bit nervous about the border crossing at Kazungula and about the road blocks but decide to give it a try anyway rather then taking a shuttle across. I did however leave my trailer behind as I was returning after three days.
I also made sure to leave fairly early in order to miss the overland trucks who arrive mid morning. This was a good trick as the border was fairly quiet and with the help of the agents " they help and work for the insurance" I got the correct paperwork and filled in what I needed. I also got the correct funds together. It cost me around +/- $50 for all insurance and permit and took about 60 minutes. If you rent a vehicle it will cost you a lot more and you need to fill out a bit more information.
On the way to Victoria falls their were no road blocks that stopped us. The road goes through the Zambezi National Park so keep a look out for wildlife. It was a very easy crossing and we really enjoyed our three days in the falls.
A couple of tips for what you need in order to cross
Your vehicle needs white reflectors in front and red at the back. You need a vest in the vehicle, two warning triangles in case your break down and a fire extinguisher. I also keep a few cold drinks in case a friendly officer needs a drink or two. It seems to help cool down most situations in Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Buy(email@example.com) real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID CARDS,marriage certificates,diplomas etc for sell
- 2 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 3 Mauritius info request please
- 4 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 5 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 6 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 7 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 8 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 9 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 10 WiFi on Safari
- 11 Travel within Africa
- 12 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 13 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 14 Israel itinerary planning
- 15 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 16 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 17 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 18 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 19 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 20 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 21 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 22 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 23 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 24 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 25 Need itineary planning help
Kazungula border crossing Victoria falls report back