I have just returned from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. I was a bit nervous about the border crossing at Kazungula and about the road blocks but decide to give it a try anyway rather then taking a shuttle across. I did however leave my trailer behind as I was returning after three days.
I also made sure to leave fairly early in order to miss the overland trucks who arrive mid morning. This was a good trick as the border was fairly quiet and with the help of the agents " they help and work for the insurance" I got the correct paperwork and filled in what I needed. I also got the correct funds together. It cost me around +/- $50 for all insurance and permit and took about 60 minutes. If you rent a vehicle it will cost you a lot more and you need to fill out a bit more information.
On the way to Victoria falls their were no road blocks that stopped us. The road goes through the Zambezi National Park so keep a look out for wildlife. It was a very easy crossing and we really enjoyed our three days in the falls.
A couple of tips for what you need in order to cross
Your vehicle needs white reflectors in front and red at the back. You need a vest in the vehicle, two warning triangles in case your break down and a fire extinguisher. I also keep a few cold drinks in case a friendly officer needs a drink or two. It seems to help cool down most situations in Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 as quickly as so upse
- 2 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/alucia-cream-reviews/
- 3 USS $ or RAN in South Africa
- 4 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 5 Single traveler
- 6 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 7 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 8 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 9 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 10 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 11 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 12 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 13 Viator tour company
- 14 tours in Johannesburg
- 15 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 South African Cities
- 18 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 19 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 20 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 21 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 22 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 23 where to go in africa
- 24 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 25 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
Kazungula border crossing Victoria falls report back