I have just returned from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. I was a bit nervous about the border crossing at Kazungula and about the road blocks but decide to give it a try anyway rather then taking a shuttle across. I did however leave my trailer behind as I was returning after three days.
I also made sure to leave fairly early in order to miss the overland trucks who arrive mid morning. This was a good trick as the border was fairly quiet and with the help of the agents " they help and work for the insurance" I got the correct paperwork and filled in what I needed. I also got the correct funds together. It cost me around +/- $50 for all insurance and permit and took about 60 minutes. If you rent a vehicle it will cost you a lot more and you need to fill out a bit more information.
On the way to Victoria falls their were no road blocks that stopped us. The road goes through the Zambezi National Park so keep a look out for wildlife. It was a very easy crossing and we really enjoyed our three days in the falls.
A couple of tips for what you need in order to cross
Your vehicle needs white reflectors in front and red at the back. You need a vest in the vehicle, two warning triangles in case your break down and a fire extinguisher. I also keep a few cold drinks in case a friendly officer needs a drink or two. It seems to help cool down most situations in Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 2 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 3 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 4 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 5 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 6 http://www.supplementsoffer.com/liver-active/
- 7 where to go in africa
- 8 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/exoslim-reviews/
- 9 effect will probably be confirmed
- 10 http://eternitynaturalsgarcinia.com/t-complex-supplement/
- 11 http://healthonlinereviews.com/pensida-eye-renewal-cream/
- 12 http://www.hearthpwn.org/nuvajen/
- 13 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 14 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 15 South African Cities
- 16 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 17 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 18 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 19 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 20 Help with bags
- 21 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 22 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 23 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 24 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 25 Egypt Quickie Trip
Kazungula border crossing Victoria falls report back