I have just returned from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. I was a bit nervous about the border crossing at Kazungula and about the road blocks but decide to give it a try anyway rather then taking a shuttle across. I did however leave my trailer behind as I was returning after three days.
I also made sure to leave fairly early in order to miss the overland trucks who arrive mid morning. This was a good trick as the border was fairly quiet and with the help of the agents " they help and work for the insurance" I got the correct paperwork and filled in what I needed. I also got the correct funds together. It cost me around +/- $50 for all insurance and permit and took about 60 minutes. If you rent a vehicle it will cost you a lot more and you need to fill out a bit more information.
On the way to Victoria falls their were no road blocks that stopped us. The road goes through the Zambezi National Park so keep a look out for wildlife. It was a very easy crossing and we really enjoyed our three days in the falls.
A couple of tips for what you need in order to cross
Your vehicle needs white reflectors in front and red at the back. You need a vest in the vehicle, two warning triangles in case your break down and a fire extinguisher. I also keep a few cold drinks in case a friendly officer needs a drink or two. It seems to help cool down most situations in Africa
Kazungula border crossing Victoria falls report back
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Tel Aviv beaches
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 6 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 7 israel and petra
- 8 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 9 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 10 Israel and Petra
- 11 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 14 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 15 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 18 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 19 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 20 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Magnificant Morocco
- 24 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 25 Hotels in Nairobi