Anybody with any experience of Kaingo and Mwamba camps in South Luangwa NP? I've heard good reports but have some reservations. Some will remember that my favourite destination in the past few years has been Selinda Reserve in Botswana (streets ahead in wildlife viewing of any other places I've seen in 10 years of going to Africa) but Selinda camp has grown too big and too comfortable for me (fans and baths in the tents...yeesh!). Its little sister, Zibalianja, thankfully remains a small camp but its proximity to Selinda camp means avoiding crowds may be difficult. A possible drawback at Kaingo and Mwamba (and other South Luangwa camps), I've been told, is that most if not all drives are in the NP, which means you can't go off-track, seriously limiting photographic opportunities. Selinda, on the other hand, provides remarkable photo opps because of the freedom the guides have to take you where you wish. Kaingo/Mwanga seem to have a redeeming feature in that they offer a variety of hides for photography, and of course, the South Luangwa scenery is remarkable.
Kaingo v. Selinda
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 2 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 5 To go to Israel or not?
- 6 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 7 Dubai > Oman?
- 8 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 9 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 10 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 11 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 12 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 13 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 14 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 15 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 16 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Awesome trip and still not done
- 19 South Africa
- 20 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 21 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 22 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 23 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 24 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 25 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?