Anybody with any experience of Kaingo and Mwamba camps in South Luangwa NP? I've heard good reports but have some reservations. Some will remember that my favourite destination in the past few years has been Selinda Reserve in Botswana (streets ahead in wildlife viewing of any other places I've seen in 10 years of going to Africa) but Selinda camp has grown too big and too comfortable for me (fans and baths in the tents...yeesh!). Its little sister, Zibalianja, thankfully remains a small camp but its proximity to Selinda camp means avoiding crowds may be difficult. A possible drawback at Kaingo and Mwamba (and other South Luangwa camps), I've been told, is that most if not all drives are in the NP, which means you can't go off-track, seriously limiting photographic opportunities. Selinda, on the other hand, provides remarkable photo opps because of the freedom the guides have to take you where you wish. Kaingo/Mwanga seem to have a redeeming feature in that they offer a variety of hides for photography, and of course, the South Luangwa scenery is remarkable.
Kaingo v. Selinda
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 2 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 5 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 6 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 7 Ebola and Morocco
- 8 Thompson Gazelle
- 9 Overland in West Africa
- 10 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 13 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 14 Morrocco and Cash
- 15 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 16 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 17 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 18 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 19 South Africa trip advices
- 20 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Tour to Morocco
- 23 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 24 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 25 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!