Anybody with any experience of Kaingo and Mwamba camps in South Luangwa NP? I've heard good reports but have some reservations. Some will remember that my favourite destination in the past few years has been Selinda Reserve in Botswana (streets ahead in wildlife viewing of any other places I've seen in 10 years of going to Africa) but Selinda camp has grown too big and too comfortable for me (fans and baths in the tents...yeesh!). Its little sister, Zibalianja, thankfully remains a small camp but its proximity to Selinda camp means avoiding crowds may be difficult. A possible drawback at Kaingo and Mwamba (and other South Luangwa camps), I've been told, is that most if not all drives are in the NP, which means you can't go off-track, seriously limiting photographic opportunities. Selinda, on the other hand, provides remarkable photo opps because of the freedom the guides have to take you where you wish. Kaingo/Mwanga seem to have a redeeming feature in that they offer a variety of hides for photography, and of course, the South Luangwa scenery is remarkable.
Kaingo v. Selinda
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Bugs n' Botswana
- 2 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 3 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 4 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 5 Group Trip to Israel
- 6 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 7 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 8 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 9 My trip to Egypt .....
- 10 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 11 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 14 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 15 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 16 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 17 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 18 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 19 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 20 Homestay Accomodation
- 21 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 22 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 23 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 24 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 25 south african safari in Nov/Dec