Hi all - just got home yesterday from 2 weeks in Rwanda and Kenya. Trip report will follow, but great time! 2 gorilla treks - one quite arduous but just fantastic. Saw lots of golden monkeys as well. Then on to Kenya - first Ol Pejeta in Laikipia - great time, with wild dogs and black and white rhino, plus lots of other animals. Then on to the Mara - the migration is in full swing, wildebeests everywhere. Saw 2 crossings at the river. One was just insane with vehicles and people jumping out of their vehicles - very disturbing actually - more info in the trip report to follow. The Nairobi airport burned about 8 hours after we arrived, so happy to skirt through that disaster. Leaving 2 weeks later it was still chaotic as departures are leaving from temporary tents and the number of security steps to get through was about 3X normal. But all in all another great trip to Africa!
Just home from Rwanda and Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 2 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 3 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 8 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 9 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 10 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 11 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 12 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 13 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 14 Charity begins at Home!
- 15 Sun Safaris
- 16 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 17 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 18 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 19 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 20 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 21 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 22 Tour to Morocco
- 23 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 24 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 25 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?