Hi all - just got home yesterday from 2 weeks in Rwanda and Kenya. Trip report will follow, but great time! 2 gorilla treks - one quite arduous but just fantastic. Saw lots of golden monkeys as well. Then on to Kenya - first Ol Pejeta in Laikipia - great time, with wild dogs and black and white rhino, plus lots of other animals. Then on to the Mara - the migration is in full swing, wildebeests everywhere. Saw 2 crossings at the river. One was just insane with vehicles and people jumping out of their vehicles - very disturbing actually - more info in the trip report to follow. The Nairobi airport burned about 8 hours after we arrived, so happy to skirt through that disaster. Leaving 2 weeks later it was still chaotic as departures are leaving from temporary tents and the number of security steps to get through was about 3X normal. But all in all another great trip to Africa!
Just home from Rwanda and Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 2 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 3 Tour to Morocco
- 4 Namibia road conditions
- 5 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 6 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 7 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 8 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 9 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 12 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 13 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 14 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 15 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 16 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 17 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 18 Ebola and Morocco
- 19 Thompson Gazelle
- 20 Overland in West Africa
- 21 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 22 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 23 Morrocco and Cash
- 24 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 25 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles