Hi all - just got home yesterday from 2 weeks in Rwanda and Kenya. Trip report will follow, but great time! 2 gorilla treks - one quite arduous but just fantastic. Saw lots of golden monkeys as well. Then on to Kenya - first Ol Pejeta in Laikipia - great time, with wild dogs and black and white rhino, plus lots of other animals. Then on to the Mara - the migration is in full swing, wildebeests everywhere. Saw 2 crossings at the river. One was just insane with vehicles and people jumping out of their vehicles - very disturbing actually - more info in the trip report to follow. The Nairobi airport burned about 8 hours after we arrived, so happy to skirt through that disaster. Leaving 2 weeks later it was still chaotic as departures are leaving from temporary tents and the number of security steps to get through was about 3X normal. But all in all another great trip to Africa!
Just home from Rwanda and Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3-week tour at Egypt
- 2 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 3 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 4 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 5 Good reads
- 6 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 7 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 8 South Africa in February?
- 9 Morocco Advice
- 10 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 11 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 12 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 13 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013