Hi all - just got home yesterday from 2 weeks in Rwanda and Kenya. Trip report will follow, but great time! 2 gorilla treks - one quite arduous but just fantastic. Saw lots of golden monkeys as well. Then on to Kenya - first Ol Pejeta in Laikipia - great time, with wild dogs and black and white rhino, plus lots of other animals. Then on to the Mara - the migration is in full swing, wildebeests everywhere. Saw 2 crossings at the river. One was just insane with vehicles and people jumping out of their vehicles - very disturbing actually - more info in the trip report to follow. The Nairobi airport burned about 8 hours after we arrived, so happy to skirt through that disaster. Leaving 2 weeks later it was still chaotic as departures are leaving from temporary tents and the number of security steps to get through was about 3X normal. But all in all another great trip to Africa!
Just home from Rwanda and Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 2 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 3 Egypt/Cairo - Anyone need a driver with car?
- 4 Iran Info, Please
- 5 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 8 fez accommodation
- 9 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 10 Egypt safe travel
- 11 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 12 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 13 COME TO IRAN ...
- 14 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 15 what kind of phone
- 16 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 17 Johannesburg...?
- 18 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 19 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 20 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 21 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 22 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 23 Suggestions for a group tour
- 24 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 25 Itinerary Help-South Africa