Hi all - just got home yesterday from 2 weeks in Rwanda and Kenya. Trip report will follow, but great time! 2 gorilla treks - one quite arduous but just fantastic. Saw lots of golden monkeys as well. Then on to Kenya - first Ol Pejeta in Laikipia - great time, with wild dogs and black and white rhino, plus lots of other animals. Then on to the Mara - the migration is in full swing, wildebeests everywhere. Saw 2 crossings at the river. One was just insane with vehicles and people jumping out of their vehicles - very disturbing actually - more info in the trip report to follow. The Nairobi airport burned about 8 hours after we arrived, so happy to skirt through that disaster. Leaving 2 weeks later it was still chaotic as departures are leaving from temporary tents and the number of security steps to get through was about 3X normal. But all in all another great trip to Africa!
Just home from Rwanda and Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 2 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 3 Tanzania Safari
- 4 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 7 Israel and Petra
- 8 Morocco for 2 nights
- 9 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Magnificant Morocco
- 12 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 israel and petra
- 15 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 16 Memory cards for camera
- 17 World Travel Expert
- 18 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 19 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 22 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 23 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 24 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 25 Uganda Trip Report May 2012