Hi Everyone - I just got home yesterday from my first trip to Botswana. I will post a trip report and link to photos soon. Although I cannot compare since I've never been there, the water levels are high again this year. Parts of Banoka and Chitabe areas were closed to vehicles due to water levels. It's still cool in the mornings but increasingly hot in the afternoons - more so as my 2 weeks went along and the area is moving toward summer. I saw 5 leopards, and up close, so should have a few decent photos. A few lions, including a mating pair, sadly no cheetah, and wild dogs dogs dogs. Followed 2 packs at two different camps (Chitabe and Duma Tau) for a total of 5 days of dog watching -about 2 hrs each time, sometimes both morning and evening. Both packs had pups about 4 months old. The guides are very keen about finding and following the dogs - I am now fully familiar with what going "off road" really means! Jean
Just Home from Botswana
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What about money?
- 3 Renting a car in Israel
- 4 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 5 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 6 10 days in south Africa
- 7 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 8 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 9 a week in africa
- 10 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 11 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 12 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 13 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 14 Accra airport
- 15 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 16 17 days in Israel our way
- 17 morocco
- 18 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 19 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 20 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 21 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 22 Trip extension from Cape town
- 23 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 24 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 25 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?