Hi Everyone - I just got home yesterday from my first trip to Botswana. I will post a trip report and link to photos soon. Although I cannot compare since I've never been there, the water levels are high again this year. Parts of Banoka and Chitabe areas were closed to vehicles due to water levels. It's still cool in the mornings but increasingly hot in the afternoons - more so as my 2 weeks went along and the area is moving toward summer. I saw 5 leopards, and up close, so should have a few decent photos. A few lions, including a mating pair, sadly no cheetah, and wild dogs dogs dogs. Followed 2 packs at two different camps (Chitabe and Duma Tau) for a total of 5 days of dog watching -about 2 hrs each time, sometimes both morning and evening. Both packs had pups about 4 months old. The guides are very keen about finding and following the dogs - I am now fully familiar with what going "off road" really means! Jean
Just Home from Botswana
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report