Hi Everyone - I just got home yesterday from my first trip to Botswana. I will post a trip report and link to photos soon. Although I cannot compare since I've never been there, the water levels are high again this year. Parts of Banoka and Chitabe areas were closed to vehicles due to water levels. It's still cool in the mornings but increasingly hot in the afternoons - more so as my 2 weeks went along and the area is moving toward summer. I saw 5 leopards, and up close, so should have a few decent photos. A few lions, including a mating pair, sadly no cheetah, and wild dogs dogs dogs. Followed 2 packs at two different camps (Chitabe and Duma Tau) for a total of 5 days of dog watching -about 2 hrs each time, sometimes both morning and evening. Both packs had pups about 4 months old. The guides are very keen about finding and following the dogs - I am now fully familiar with what going "off road" really means! Jean
Just Home from Botswana
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 2 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 3 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 4 Johannesburg
- 5 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 6 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 7 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 8 Transiting through Cairo
- 9 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 10 South Africa in February?
- 11 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 12 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 15 Car Rentals in Israel
- 16 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 17 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 18 Morocco to portugal
- 19 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 22 Independence Day in Israel
- 23 Drinking on safari
- 24 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 25 Travelust