Hi Everyone - I just got home yesterday from my first trip to Botswana. I will post a trip report and link to photos soon. Although I cannot compare since I've never been there, the water levels are high again this year. Parts of Banoka and Chitabe areas were closed to vehicles due to water levels. It's still cool in the mornings but increasingly hot in the afternoons - more so as my 2 weeks went along and the area is moving toward summer. I saw 5 leopards, and up close, so should have a few decent photos. A few lions, including a mating pair, sadly no cheetah, and wild dogs dogs dogs. Followed 2 packs at two different camps (Chitabe and Duma Tau) for a total of 5 days of dog watching -about 2 hrs each time, sometimes both morning and evening. Both packs had pups about 4 months old. The guides are very keen about finding and following the dogs - I am now fully familiar with what going "off road" really means! Jean
Just Home from Botswana
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 The African Guide to Balloon Safari
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Zambia Impressions
- 4 Taste of Dubai
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 7 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 8 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 11 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015