Hi Everyone - I just got home yesterday from my first trip to Botswana. I will post a trip report and link to photos soon. Although I cannot compare since I've never been there, the water levels are high again this year. Parts of Banoka and Chitabe areas were closed to vehicles due to water levels. It's still cool in the mornings but increasingly hot in the afternoons - more so as my 2 weeks went along and the area is moving toward summer. I saw 5 leopards, and up close, so should have a few decent photos. A few lions, including a mating pair, sadly no cheetah, and wild dogs dogs dogs. Followed 2 packs at two different camps (Chitabe and Duma Tau) for a total of 5 days of dog watching -about 2 hrs each time, sometimes both morning and evening. Both packs had pups about 4 months old. The guides are very keen about finding and following the dogs - I am now fully familiar with what going "off road" really means! Jean
Just Home from Botswana
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 2 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 3 My trip to Egypt .....
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 6 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 7 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 8 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 9 Homestay Accomodation
- 10 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 22 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 23 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 24 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 25 Night drives in Manyara worth it????