just back home a few hours ago. i will be back with a full trip report and pics soon but just wanted to let everyone know we're back and to alleviate any doubts about visiting zimbabwe.
Makololo is amazing. the view from camp is right on par with mombo's in terms of game. we saw close to 20 different species of mammals from the camp alone at makololo including a pack of 8 wild dogs, herds of roan and sable antelope!!!
this is just a teaser but without question Zimbabwe is the best deal going for awesome wildlife. we paid less than $200/pppn and we had the entire camp to ourselves. are you kidding me? i'll be back.
i dont want to downplay mombo, bc the game their is unparalleled (as u will soon hear about and see), but i really want to push zim bc the people are extremely nice, the scenery and wildlife top notch and the guides as well.
Just back From Zimbabwe (Makololo) and Botswana (Mombo)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Drinking on safari
- 2 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 3 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 4 Shots for Morocco
- 5 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 6 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 7 Travelust
- 8 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 9 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 10 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 11 South Africa in February?
- 12 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 13 Thinking about The Gambia
- 14 Independence Day in Israel
- 15 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 16 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 17 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 18 Morroco Travel Guide
- 19 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 20 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 21 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 22 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 23 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 24 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda 2015