just back home a few hours ago. i will be back with a full trip report and pics soon but just wanted to let everyone know we're back and to alleviate any doubts about visiting zimbabwe.
Makololo is amazing. the view from camp is right on par with mombo's in terms of game. we saw close to 20 different species of mammals from the camp alone at makololo including a pack of 8 wild dogs, herds of roan and sable antelope!!!
this is just a teaser but without question Zimbabwe is the best deal going for awesome wildlife. we paid less than $200/pppn and we had the entire camp to ourselves. are you kidding me? i'll be back.
i dont want to downplay mombo, bc the game their is unparalleled (as u will soon hear about and see), but i really want to push zim bc the people are extremely nice, the scenery and wildlife top notch and the guides as well.
Just back From Zimbabwe (Makololo) and Botswana (Mombo)
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 Africa Safari
- 3 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 4 Morocco - private tour operators
- 5 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 6 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 7 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 8 Kruger Park trip
- 9 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 10 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 11 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 12 phone service
- 13 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 14 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 15 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 16 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 17 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 18 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 19 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 20 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 21 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 22 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 23 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 24 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 25 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012