just back home a few hours ago. i will be back with a full trip report and pics soon but just wanted to let everyone know we're back and to alleviate any doubts about visiting zimbabwe.
Makololo is amazing. the view from camp is right on par with mombo's in terms of game. we saw close to 20 different species of mammals from the camp alone at makololo including a pack of 8 wild dogs, herds of roan and sable antelope!!!
this is just a teaser but without question Zimbabwe is the best deal going for awesome wildlife. we paid less than $200/pppn and we had the entire camp to ourselves. are you kidding me? i'll be back.
i dont want to downplay mombo, bc the game their is unparalleled (as u will soon hear about and see), but i really want to push zim bc the people are extremely nice, the scenery and wildlife top notch and the guides as well.
Just back From Zimbabwe (Makololo) and Botswana (Mombo)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 2 Morocco Advice
- 3 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 4 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 5 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 3-week tour at Egypt
- 8 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 9 Beirut
- 10 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 13 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 14 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 15 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 16 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 17 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 18 I'm going on safari for free!
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 Dubai first time
- 21 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 22 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 23 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 24 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 25 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions