just back home a few hours ago. i will be back with a full trip report and pics soon but just wanted to let everyone know we're back and to alleviate any doubts about visiting zimbabwe.
Makololo is amazing. the view from camp is right on par with mombo's in terms of game. we saw close to 20 different species of mammals from the camp alone at makololo including a pack of 8 wild dogs, herds of roan and sable antelope!!!
this is just a teaser but without question Zimbabwe is the best deal going for awesome wildlife. we paid less than $200/pppn and we had the entire camp to ourselves. are you kidding me? i'll be back.
i dont want to downplay mombo, bc the game their is unparalleled (as u will soon hear about and see), but i really want to push zim bc the people are extremely nice, the scenery and wildlife top notch and the guides as well.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 2 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 3 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 4 Audley Travel
- 5 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 6 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 7 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 8 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 11 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 12 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 13 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 14 Safari in South Africa
- 15 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 16 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 17 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 18 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 19 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 20 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 21 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 22 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 23 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 24 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 25 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails