just back home a few hours ago. i will be back with a full trip report and pics soon but just wanted to let everyone know we're back and to alleviate any doubts about visiting zimbabwe.
Makololo is amazing. the view from camp is right on par with mombo's in terms of game. we saw close to 20 different species of mammals from the camp alone at makololo including a pack of 8 wild dogs, herds of roan and sable antelope!!!
this is just a teaser but without question Zimbabwe is the best deal going for awesome wildlife. we paid less than $200/pppn and we had the entire camp to ourselves. are you kidding me? i'll be back.
i dont want to downplay mombo, bc the game their is unparalleled (as u will soon hear about and see), but i really want to push zim bc the people are extremely nice, the scenery and wildlife top notch and the guides as well.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://www.reddit.com/r/Dolphinslive/
- 2 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 3 South African Cities
- 4 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 5 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 6 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 7 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 8 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 9 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 10 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 11 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 12 where to go in africa
- 13 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 14 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 15 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 16 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 17 Help with bags
- 18 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 19 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 20 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 21 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Israeli Tour Guides
- 24 Shopping in Morocco
- 25 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017