I think I've finally convinced my husband to go to Petra (a place I've wanted to go for a long time) but I'm not sure where to start. What's the best time of year to go? With our work schedules we were thinking of September or October. How many days should we spend at Petra? Any tour companies you would recommend? I see Petra Moon is quite popular. I also wanted to go to the Dead Sea as well as Jerash. What do you think of a night spent at Wadi Rum? Any tips/suggestions appreciated!
Jordan/Petra for Dummies
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 2 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 3 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 4 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 5 Charity begins at Home!
- 6 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 7 Sun Safaris
- 8 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 9 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 10 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 11 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 12 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 13 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 14 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 15 Tour to Morocco
- 16 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 17 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 18 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 19 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 20 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 21 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 22 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 23 Uganda again
- 24 November at victoria falls
- 25 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking