We are planning our first trip to Jordan/Israel. Our plans will include Petra, Dead Sea (from either Jordan or Israel) and we were thinking of just a jeep tour of Wadi Rum but not an overnight stay. We have already done the desert camp experience in Morocco -- will Wadi Rum be very different or should we allocate some time to Wadi Mujib or another Wadi? My husband is active and adventurous so I think Wadi Mjuib's water hike might be more his style than a camel or 4x4. Please provide your thoughts as we are still in the planning stages for September...and only overlap the high holidays by 2-3 days. Also would like input as to where to stay in Galilee area for hiking, biking, sightseeing.
Jordan Wadi Rum, Wadi Mujib...others?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 2 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 3 Questions about Chobe
- 4 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 5 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 6 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 7 What camera to use on safari
- 8 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 9 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 10 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 11 India
- 12 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 13 Ideas about the trip.
- 14 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 15 3 days in Teheran
- 16 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 17 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 18 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 21 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 22 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 23 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 24 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 25 FOREX Nairobi airport