We will be visiting Israel this January and then plan to travel to Petra before proceeding on to Egypt. We need to be in Egypt by the 31st of January. We are thinking of crossing into Egypt from Jordan, without going back into Israel, but I can find nothing to recommend the ferry crossing from Aquaba to Nuweiba...even the "fast" ferry doesn't seem to be fast or reliable. Can someone who has actually done this trip recommend the best approach? Should we cross back into Israel and enter Egypt by land thru Eilat to Taba instead? I realize we would need to get an "All Egypt" visa before crossing by land but my main concern is to avoid unnecessary frustration and time delay. We can arrange for our Egyptian tour guide to meet us at either entry point. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Jordan to Egypt by ferry or land?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 2 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 3 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 4 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 7 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 8 Homestay Accomodation
- 9 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 10 Selous game reserve
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 22 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 23 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 24 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 25 Night drives in Manyara worth it????