We will be visiting Israel this January and then plan to travel to Petra before proceeding on to Egypt. We need to be in Egypt by the 31st of January. We are thinking of crossing into Egypt from Jordan, without going back into Israel, but I can find nothing to recommend the ferry crossing from Aquaba to Nuweiba...even the "fast" ferry doesn't seem to be fast or reliable. Can someone who has actually done this trip recommend the best approach? Should we cross back into Israel and enter Egypt by land thru Eilat to Taba instead? I realize we would need to get an "All Egypt" visa before crossing by land but my main concern is to avoid unnecessary frustration and time delay. We can arrange for our Egyptian tour guide to meet us at either entry point. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Jordan to Egypt by ferry or land?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 2 3-week tour at Egypt
- 3 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 4 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 5 Morocco Advice
- 6 Beirut
- 7 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 8 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 9 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 10 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 11 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 12 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 13 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 14 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 15 I'm going on safari for free!
- 16 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 17 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 18 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 19 Dubai first time
- 20 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 21 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 22 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 23 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 24 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 25 5 day Seychelles trip in December