Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Great travel, with the exception of a little visa snafu (see also: Luang Prabang/Bangkok trip report).
Thanks for everyone who provided advice.
Recommendations from my experience:
• Obtain an advance visa if you’re crossing at Allenby/King Hussein Bridge. You can obtain an onsite visa at the other two bridges
• Stay at one of the many boutique hotels. Brown TLV is the best value; Alma Hotel and Lounge and Neve Tzedek Hotel are the swankiest
• Indulge in fruits, nuts, candies, olives and more at the Carmel Market
• Explore Jaffa’s twisting alleys and market
• Shop and enjoy premium street art in the Neve Tzedek neighborhood
• Walk scenic Rothschild Boulevard
• Have a drink and a nosh on lively Sheinken Street
• Get lost in the Old City.
Walk the rampart walls
Try your luck at the Western Wall
Attempt redemption at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
• Stay at the King David Hotel if you can afford it
• People watch on Ben Yahuda Street
• Allow for plenty of time to get through Ben Gurion Airport Security. A lot.
• Stay at the Marriott Dead Sea Resort (request a corner room with a patio) and float in the Dead Sea
• Stay at the Feynan Ecolodge (one-of-a-kind gem) and hike the Dana Biosphere Reserve
• Rent a vehicle – it’s the easiest way to get around and the driving is easy (unless you’re crossing Wadi Namla). Rent a 4x4 vehicle if you’re crossing Wadi Namla
• Gas up often: gas stations aren’t plentiful
• Jordanian men are very good-looking. Not so much advice, here – just my commentary
• Obviously, see Petra. The 800-step climb up to see The Monastery is worth it
• Book a camel ride at Wadi Rum – but I recommend keeping it short as the bouncing gets old
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 2 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/revitasence-serum-reviews/
- 3 http://healthyclubpro.com/vitapulse-ingredients/
- 4 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/testx-core/
- 5 Muscle Booster Pure There are many weight loss
- 6 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 7 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 8 Help plan African Safari
- 9 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 10 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 11 Tipping on Safari
- 12 Cape Town
- 13 Widerness Lodges
- 14 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 15 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 16 Cape Town -safety
- 17 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 18 SA itin review
- 19 Botswana safari in late November
- 20 Ferry to Morocco
- 21 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 22 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 23 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 24 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 25 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
Jordan & Israel Travelogue (Subtitle: Nothing is Ever Easy)
Hi All --