Hi All --
Finally posted my Jordan & Israel trip (April 2012) report. Great travel, with the exception of a little visa snafu (see also: Luang Prabang/Bangkok trip report).
Thanks for everyone who provided advice.
Recommendations from my experience:
• Obtain an advance visa if you’re crossing at Allenby/King Hussein Bridge. You can obtain an onsite visa at the other two bridges
• Stay at one of the many boutique hotels. Brown TLV is the best value; Alma Hotel and Lounge and Neve Tzedek Hotel are the swankiest
• Indulge in fruits, nuts, candies, olives and more at the Carmel Market
• Explore Jaffa’s twisting alleys and market
• Shop and enjoy premium street art in the Neve Tzedek neighborhood
• Walk scenic Rothschild Boulevard
• Have a drink and a nosh on lively Sheinken Street
• Get lost in the Old City.
Walk the rampart walls
Try your luck at the Western Wall
Attempt redemption at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
• Stay at the King David Hotel if you can afford it
• People watch on Ben Yahuda Street
• Allow for plenty of time to get through Ben Gurion Airport Security. A lot.
• Stay at the Marriott Dead Sea Resort (request a corner room with a patio) and float in the Dead Sea
• Stay at the Feynan Ecolodge (one-of-a-kind gem) and hike the Dana Biosphere Reserve
• Rent a vehicle – it’s the easiest way to get around and the driving is easy (unless you’re crossing Wadi Namla). Rent a 4x4 vehicle if you’re crossing Wadi Namla
• Gas up often: gas stations aren’t plentiful
• Jordanian men are very good-looking. Not so much advice, here – just my commentary
• Obviously, see Petra. The 800-step climb up to see The Monastery is worth it
• Book a camel ride at Wadi Rum – but I recommend keeping it short as the bouncing gets old
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Questions
- 2 Are there GOLD DIGGERS in Dubai?
- 3 Botswana safari recs
- 4 Seven Days Uganda Experience
- 5 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 6 ews absorbed into the layers of
- 7 nonetheless that that is damag
- 8 http://buysupplementsreview.com/hypertone-force/
- 9 Top Five Must-see Places in Addis Ababa
- 10 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/bellacelle-eye-cream/
- 11 http://www.ifirmationantiagingcream.com/nitrobuild-plus-avis/
- 12 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 13 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 14 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 15 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 16 Botswana in January
- 17 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 18 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 19 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 20 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 21 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 22 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 23 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 24 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 25 2 days i n JO'burg
Jordan & Israel Travelogue (Subtitle: Nothing is Ever Easy)
Hi All --