I'm planning a 3-day/3-night trip to Jordan in February of 2010. Has anyone worked with Pella Tours, Desert Horizon, Zaatarah Travel, Discovery Jordan, Kawar, or Pan East? I'm primarily looking for an English-speaking driver to provide transportation to/from Amman to Petra and various other sites (e.g., Jerash, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Bethany, Dead Sea). While I would like to keep a guide with me for all three days, it means paying for his hotel room at places like the Movenpick Petra, and I'm not sure that I want to incur that extra expense when it sounds like I can hire a guide onsite at most places (or that I might be required to hire an on-site guide rather than use my own). Renting a car and driving on my own is not an option. The cost for the car/driver and entrance fees to all sites for 3 days for 2 people is approximately $500 to $700, depending on the company chosen (there are many more companies that quoted me up to $1300 for the same services). Thanks for your advice.
Jordan: Have You Used Any of These Tour Companies?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Unbelievable Day trip to paradise valley
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Hotels in Nairobi
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Novice Safari question
- 6 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 7 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 8 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 9 Quick question about Kenya..
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 12 Morocco in April 2014
- 13 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September