I'm planning a 3-day/3-night trip to Jordan in February of 2010. Has anyone worked with Pella Tours, Desert Horizon, Zaatarah Travel, Discovery Jordan, Kawar, or Pan East? I'm primarily looking for an English-speaking driver to provide transportation to/from Amman to Petra and various other sites (e.g., Jerash, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Bethany, Dead Sea). While I would like to keep a guide with me for all three days, it means paying for his hotel room at places like the Movenpick Petra, and I'm not sure that I want to incur that extra expense when it sounds like I can hire a guide onsite at most places (or that I might be required to hire an on-site guide rather than use my own). Renting a car and driving on my own is not an option. The cost for the car/driver and entrance fees to all sites for 3 days for 2 people is approximately $500 to $700, depending on the company chosen (there are many more companies that quoted me up to $1300 for the same services). Thanks for your advice.
Jordan: Have You Used Any of These Tour Companies?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jordan tour operator !!
- 2 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 3 Good reads
- 4 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 10 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 11 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 3-week tour at Egypt
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013