I'm planning a 3-day/3-night trip to Jordan in February of 2010. Has anyone worked with Pella Tours, Desert Horizon, Zaatarah Travel, Discovery Jordan, Kawar, or Pan East? I'm primarily looking for an English-speaking driver to provide transportation to/from Amman to Petra and various other sites (e.g., Jerash, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Bethany, Dead Sea). While I would like to keep a guide with me for all three days, it means paying for his hotel room at places like the Movenpick Petra, and I'm not sure that I want to incur that extra expense when it sounds like I can hire a guide onsite at most places (or that I might be required to hire an on-site guide rather than use my own). Renting a car and driving on my own is not an option. The cost for the car/driver and entrance fees to all sites for 3 days for 2 people is approximately $500 to $700, depending on the company chosen (there are many more companies that quoted me up to $1300 for the same services). Thanks for your advice.
Jordan: Have You Used Any of These Tour Companies?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 3 Morocco for 2 nights
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 5 MOROCCO SOLO
- 6 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 7 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 8 Looking for out of the way places
- 9 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 10 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 11 Tanzania Safari
- 12 Sabi Sands camps
- 13 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 14 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 15 trip report, morocco
- 16 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 17 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation