I'm planning a 3-day/3-night trip to Jordan in February of 2010. Has anyone worked with Pella Tours, Desert Horizon, Zaatarah Travel, Discovery Jordan, Kawar, or Pan East? I'm primarily looking for an English-speaking driver to provide transportation to/from Amman to Petra and various other sites (e.g., Jerash, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Bethany, Dead Sea). While I would like to keep a guide with me for all three days, it means paying for his hotel room at places like the Movenpick Petra, and I'm not sure that I want to incur that extra expense when it sounds like I can hire a guide onsite at most places (or that I might be required to hire an on-site guide rather than use my own). Renting a car and driving on my own is not an option. The cost for the car/driver and entrance fees to all sites for 3 days for 2 people is approximately $500 to $700, depending on the company chosen (there are many more companies that quoted me up to $1300 for the same services). Thanks for your advice.
Jordan: Have You Used Any of These Tour Companies?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 3 Safari and Beach in June
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai