I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
JORDAN - comfortable number of days to travel...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 2 SATURDAYS IN JERUSALEM
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 trip report, morocco
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 7 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 8 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 9 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 10 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 11 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 12 Morocco for 2 nights
- 13 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 14 MOROCCO SOLO
- 15 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 16 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 17 Looking for out of the way places
- 18 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 19 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 20 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Sabi Sands camps
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 24 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 25 East Africa summer 2014