I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 2 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 3 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 4 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 10 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 11 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 12 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Buying merchandise
- 16 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 17 Egypt January-February 2018
- 18 safari for the mobility impaired
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 21 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 22 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 23 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 24 Dining in Cape Town
- 25 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?