I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 4 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 5 Alexandria
- 6 Dubai in 36 hours
- 7 good internet connection option Meknes
- 8 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 9 South Africa trip report
- 10 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 11 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security