I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
JORDAN - comfortable number of days to travel...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 2 SA, Swaziland & Zimbabwe
- 3 Dubai > Oman?
- 4 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 River and Tsingy: tour proposed by the best guide Madagascar
- 7 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 8 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 9 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 10 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 11 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 12 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 13 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 14 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 15 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 16 Awesome trip and still not done
- 17 South Africa
- 18 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 19 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 20 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 21 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 22 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 23 Erta Ale volcano in Ethiopia - anybody been there?
- 24 Cultural Tour from Maun?
- 25 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?