I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 2 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 3 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 4 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 Viator tour company
- 8 tours in Johannesburg
- 9 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 10 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 11 South African Cities
- 12 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 13 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 14 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 15 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 16 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 17 where to go in africa
- 18 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 19 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 20 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 Help with bags
- 23 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 24 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 25 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS