I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 2 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 3 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 4 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 5 beach visit after safari
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 8 Petra Wadi Rum
- 9 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 12 What is worth seeing in November?
- 13 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 14 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 15 Israeli Tour Guides
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 18 Masai Mara in May
- 19 Western Desert Itinerary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 22 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 23 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 24 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 25 Trip to Merzouga