I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 2 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 3 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 4 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 5 Dubai - 4 hours between flights, what can you do ??
- 6 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 7 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 8 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Cairo International Airport
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 16 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 17 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 18 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 19 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 20 Dubai Guide
- 21 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 24 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 25 Loldia House Kenya