I've been looking into stopping in Jordan at the end of my trip to Tanzania (via Dubai) and I'm wondering how easy it is to get around independently and how many days would be best if I want to do the normal sites: Amman, Jerash, Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Aqaba...possibly the Desert castles in the northeast.
Is it easy to hire guides and drivers once you are there? Or is it best to have something organized ahead of time? I'm not really that interested in traveling with a group tour of any sort...
JORDAN - comfortable number of days to travel...
- 1 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 2 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 3 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 6 Help! First African safari!!!
- 7 Safari and Beach in June
- 8 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 9 Safari Cost Comparison
- 10 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 14 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 15 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 16 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 17 My trip to Egypt .....
- 18 dubai for 5 days
- 19 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 20 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 21 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 22 Bugs n' Botswana
- 23 Group Trip to Israel
- 24 My Trip to Palestine
- 25 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!