My husband and myself are in our early 40s and plan on using our RCI points to book a week in Jerusalem. The dates would be 30 Sept - 6 Oct which falls in their period of Sukkot (Feats of tabernacles). We know it is not ideal but would like you Fodorites to say if it is doable to see Israel's highlights from there. We are reborn Christians and would also like some recommendations for a tourguide for this period. It would be really nice if he is a Mesianic Jew. Any suggested itinararies and must sees are welcome. (The week before we will be doing Egypt and the week after the Greek isles)
Jerusalem stay only
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip advices
- 2 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 3 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 4 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 5 Morrocco and Cash
- 6 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 9 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 10 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 13 First time in Africa on safari
- 14 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 15 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 18 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 19 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 20 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 21 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 22 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 23 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 24 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 25 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?