My husband and myself are in our early 40s and plan on using our RCI points to book a week in Jerusalem. The dates would be 30 Sept - 6 Oct which falls in their period of Sukkot (Feats of tabernacles). We know it is not ideal but would like you Fodorites to say if it is doable to see Israel's highlights from there. We are reborn Christians and would also like some recommendations for a tourguide for this period. It would be really nice if he is a Mesianic Jew. Any suggested itinararies and must sees are welcome. (The week before we will be doing Egypt and the week after the Greek isles)
Jerusalem stay only
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 2 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 3 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 6 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 7 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 8 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 9 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 10 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 11 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 12 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 13 Charity begins at Home!
- 14 Sun Safaris
- 15 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 16 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 17 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 18 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 19 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 20 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 21 Tour to Morocco
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 24 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 25 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.