My husband and myself are in our early 40s and plan on using our RCI points to book a week in Jerusalem. The dates would be 30 Sept - 6 Oct which falls in their period of Sukkot (Feats of tabernacles). We know it is not ideal but would like you Fodorites to say if it is doable to see Israel's highlights from there. We are reborn Christians and would also like some recommendations for a tourguide for this period. It would be really nice if he is a Mesianic Jew. Any suggested itinararies and must sees are welcome. (The week before we will be doing Egypt and the week after the Greek isles)
Jerusalem stay only
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 2 Safari on a budget!
- 3 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 4 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 5 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 6 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 7 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 8 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 9 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 10 Things to see in Dubai
- 11 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 15 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 16 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 17 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 18 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 19 Tips for Israel
- 20 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 21 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 22 Road To Morocco Tours
- 23 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 24 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 25 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV