We are looking for advice on the following:
(1) We will be hiking in Wadi Mujib one day, and then the next day we are going to explore Jerash. We thought we might try to stay the evening in between these two days near Jerash, perhaps at the Olive Branch Resort. We are not interested in staying in Amman because with our rental car, we don't want to try to attempt city traffic. Are there other towns aside from Madaba that are easy to get to by car and inexpensive that you might suggest, preferably closer to Jerash than Wadi Mujib?
(2) We sent an e-mail message to email@example.com to try to set up reservations to participate in a Wadi Mujib hike (the Malaqi trail) on a Friday in October. We have not heard back from them yet confirming whether we can participate in the tour. Do you know what time the tour starts? Is the duration really 9 hours like the RSCN site says, or is it shorter? Will the tour be over in time for us to drive to Jerash in the daylight? Can you arrange payment ahead of time with RSCN by credit card, or do you pay cash on site?
Jerash & Wadi Mujib questions
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 2 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 3 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 4 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 5 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 6 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 7 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 8 Charity begins at Home!
- 9 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls