My husband and I, in our 60's and moderately active, wish to visit Southern Namibia in January 2008. We are particularly concerned that we do not visit any malarial areas. We shall be travelling from Cape Town by car and wish to return there after our trip to Namibia. Can you give us any ideas of an itinerary or where we should start and where we should finish? We expect to have about 10 days available to us in Namibia. We have highlighted Sossusvlei, Klein Aus Vista at Aus, Kolmanskop and Fish river Canyon as being of interest. Are they appropriate? Where is the best place to view the stars with a telescope and explanations? Should we be looking at all the various areas in the Namib-Naukluft park? I have noticed Bagatelle ranch - is it as good as it appears and how far is it from Springbok? Sorry for so many questions but any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 first time family safari in August 2014
- 2 Sabi Sands camps
- 3 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 4 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 5 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 6 Help with Rwanda trip
- 7 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 8 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 9 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 10 Tel Aviv beaches
- 11 Memory cards for camera
- 12 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 13 trip report, morocco
- 14 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 15 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 16 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 17 Morocco for 2 nights
- 18 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra