My husband and I, in our 60's and moderately active, wish to visit Southern Namibia in January 2008. We are particularly concerned that we do not visit any malarial areas. We shall be travelling from Cape Town by car and wish to return there after our trip to Namibia. Can you give us any ideas of an itinerary or where we should start and where we should finish? We expect to have about 10 days available to us in Namibia. We have highlighted Sossusvlei, Klein Aus Vista at Aus, Kolmanskop and Fish river Canyon as being of interest. Are they appropriate? Where is the best place to view the stars with a telescope and explanations? Should we be looking at all the various areas in the Namib-Naukluft park? I have noticed Bagatelle ranch - is it as good as it appears and how far is it from Springbok? Sorry for so many questions but any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Unbelievable Day trip to paradise valley
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Hotels in Nairobi
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Novice Safari question
- 6 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 7 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 8 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 9 Quick question about Kenya..
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 12 Morocco in April 2014
- 13 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September