My husband and I, in our 60's and moderately active, wish to visit Southern Namibia in January 2008. We are particularly concerned that we do not visit any malarial areas. We shall be travelling from Cape Town by car and wish to return there after our trip to Namibia. Can you give us any ideas of an itinerary or where we should start and where we should finish? We expect to have about 10 days available to us in Namibia. We have highlighted Sossusvlei, Klein Aus Vista at Aus, Kolmanskop and Fish river Canyon as being of interest. Are they appropriate? Where is the best place to view the stars with a telescope and explanations? Should we be looking at all the various areas in the Namib-Naukluft park? I have noticed Bagatelle ranch - is it as good as it appears and how far is it from Springbok? Sorry for so many questions but any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 5 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 6 Morocco to portugal
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 9 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 10 Independence Day in Israel
- 11 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 12 Drinking on safari
- 13 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 14 Travelust
- 15 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 16 Shots for Morocco
- 17 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 18 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 19 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 22 Thinking about The Gambia
- 23 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 24 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 25 Dubai Sand Dune dinner