I'm getting married at the end of June & looking for a honeymoon to spend £3000 / $5000!
I work for an airline in the UK so I'm not including any air travel in the budget
I'm want to give my fiancée 2 options which she can choose from - 10 days in the Maldives (I've already been getting quotes for many places there - thanks god for travel industry discount!) OR a Safari / Beach type holiday:
We fly into Nairobi, Jo'burg, Dar-es-Salaam, Entebbe & Lusaka so looking at safari's within a drive / short flight from there.
Seeing as there are so many choices, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safari which is fairly luxurious (fit for a honeymoon anyway!) yet not going to blow the majority of my budget without leaving any for a few days on the beach somewhere!
I have had quotes from places like the Lion Sands River Lodge / Londolozi / Mala Mala but they are upwards of Zar4000 pppn (£800 per night for the 2 of us!!).
We'd be starting the honeymoon around the beginning of July so realise it'll be fairly cool in SA then but I assume it'll be warmer further north.
The safari itself, I'd prefer to be in a tented environment rather than a bog standard hotel - would be nice to be able to see / hear wildlife from the camp itself rather but it'd also be ace to be able to see the big 5 whilst we're there!
(I've done a couple of cheapy safari's before- one north of JNB & one in Pamuzinda safari lodge near Harare so I've seen my big 5!!)
All comments gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 2 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 3 http://www.potentbodyformation.com/vitapulse/
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 help with itinerary please
- 6 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 7 Luggage restrictions
- 8 ISRAEL TRIP
- 9 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 10 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 11 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 12 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 13 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 14 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
- 15 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 16 Help with safari itinerary with 9 year old
- 17 Tel Aviv Nightlife for 30+
- 18 Advice on East African trip
- 19 Help plan African Safari
- 20 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 21 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 22 Zimbabwe 4x4 camper
- 23 Dubai first time
- 24 Dubai apartments/hotels
- 25 Special occasion restaurants in Fes and Marrakech