I'm getting married at the end of June & looking for a honeymoon to spend £3000 / $5000!
I work for an airline in the UK so I'm not including any air travel in the budget
I'm want to give my fiancée 2 options which she can choose from - 10 days in the Maldives (I've already been getting quotes for many places there - thanks god for travel industry discount!) OR a Safari / Beach type holiday:
We fly into Nairobi, Jo'burg, Dar-es-Salaam, Entebbe & Lusaka so looking at safari's within a drive / short flight from there.
Seeing as there are so many choices, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safari which is fairly luxurious (fit for a honeymoon anyway!) yet not going to blow the majority of my budget without leaving any for a few days on the beach somewhere!
I have had quotes from places like the Lion Sands River Lodge / Londolozi / Mala Mala but they are upwards of Zar4000 pppn (£800 per night for the 2 of us!!).
We'd be starting the honeymoon around the beginning of July so realise it'll be fairly cool in SA then but I assume it'll be warmer further north.
The safari itself, I'd prefer to be in a tented environment rather than a bog standard hotel - would be nice to be able to see / hear wildlife from the camp itself rather but it'd also be ace to be able to see the big 5 whilst we're there!
(I've done a couple of cheapy safari's before- one north of JNB & one in Pamuzinda safari lodge near Harare so I've seen my big 5!!)
All comments gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/kerave-hair-uk/
- 2 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 3 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 4 Morocco Questions
- 5 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 6 Botswana in January
- 7 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 8 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 9 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 10 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 11 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 12 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 13 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 14 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 15 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 16 2 days i n JO'burg
- 17 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 18 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 19 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 20 Zambia HELP!
- 21 Israel in January
- 22 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 23 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 24 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 25 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience