I'm getting married at the end of June & looking for a honeymoon to spend £3000 / $5000!
I work for an airline in the UK so I'm not including any air travel in the budget
I'm want to give my fiancée 2 options which she can choose from - 10 days in the Maldives (I've already been getting quotes for many places there - thanks god for travel industry discount!) OR a Safari / Beach type holiday:
We fly into Nairobi, Jo'burg, Dar-es-Salaam, Entebbe & Lusaka so looking at safari's within a drive / short flight from there.
Seeing as there are so many choices, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safari which is fairly luxurious (fit for a honeymoon anyway!) yet not going to blow the majority of my budget without leaving any for a few days on the beach somewhere!
I have had quotes from places like the Lion Sands River Lodge / Londolozi / Mala Mala but they are upwards of Zar4000 pppn (£800 per night for the 2 of us!!).
We'd be starting the honeymoon around the beginning of July so realise it'll be fairly cool in SA then but I assume it'll be warmer further north.
The safari itself, I'd prefer to be in a tented environment rather than a bog standard hotel - would be nice to be able to see / hear wildlife from the camp itself rather but it'd also be ace to be able to see the big 5 whilst we're there!
(I've done a couple of cheapy safari's before- one north of JNB & one in Pamuzinda safari lodge near Harare so I've seen my big 5!!)
All comments gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 2 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 3 Excellent trip
- 4 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 5 Cape Town Itinerary
- 6 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 7 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 8 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 9 Is the migration early this year
- 10 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 11 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 12 Madagascar - your tips please
- 13 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 14 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 15 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 16 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 17 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 18 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 19 Road To Morocco Tours
- 20 Magnificant Morocco
- 21 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 22 Africa Film Festival
- 23 Roar Africa reviews
- 24 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 25 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)