I'm getting married at the end of June & looking for a honeymoon to spend £3000 / $5000!
I work for an airline in the UK so I'm not including any air travel in the budget
I'm want to give my fiancée 2 options which she can choose from - 10 days in the Maldives (I've already been getting quotes for many places there - thanks god for travel industry discount!) OR a Safari / Beach type holiday:
We fly into Nairobi, Jo'burg, Dar-es-Salaam, Entebbe & Lusaka so looking at safari's within a drive / short flight from there.
Seeing as there are so many choices, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safari which is fairly luxurious (fit for a honeymoon anyway!) yet not going to blow the majority of my budget without leaving any for a few days on the beach somewhere!
I have had quotes from places like the Lion Sands River Lodge / Londolozi / Mala Mala but they are upwards of Zar4000 pppn (£800 per night for the 2 of us!!).
We'd be starting the honeymoon around the beginning of July so realise it'll be fairly cool in SA then but I assume it'll be warmer further north.
The safari itself, I'd prefer to be in a tented environment rather than a bog standard hotel - would be nice to be able to see / hear wildlife from the camp itself rather but it'd also be ace to be able to see the big 5 whilst we're there!
(I've done a couple of cheapy safari's before- one north of JNB & one in Pamuzinda safari lodge near Harare so I've seen my big 5!!)
All comments gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is there more than one type of SA Plug?
- 2 Gorrillas in Rwanda
- 3 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 4 Zimbabwe traveling solo
- 5 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 6 Malawi with kiddos
- 7 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 8 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 9 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 10 Mauritius info request please
- 11 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 12 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 13 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 14 WiFi on Safari
- 15 Travel within Africa
- 16 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 17 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 18 Israel itinerary planning
- 19 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 20 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 21 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 22 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 23 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 24 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 25 Seal snorkeling - Capetown