I'm getting married at the end of June & looking for a honeymoon to spend £3000 / $5000!
I work for an airline in the UK so I'm not including any air travel in the budget
I'm want to give my fiancée 2 options which she can choose from - 10 days in the Maldives (I've already been getting quotes for many places there - thanks god for travel industry discount!) OR a Safari / Beach type holiday:
We fly into Nairobi, Jo'burg, Dar-es-Salaam, Entebbe & Lusaka so looking at safari's within a drive / short flight from there.
Seeing as there are so many choices, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safari which is fairly luxurious (fit for a honeymoon anyway!) yet not going to blow the majority of my budget without leaving any for a few days on the beach somewhere!
I have had quotes from places like the Lion Sands River Lodge / Londolozi / Mala Mala but they are upwards of Zar4000 pppn (£800 per night for the 2 of us!!).
We'd be starting the honeymoon around the beginning of July so realise it'll be fairly cool in SA then but I assume it'll be warmer further north.
The safari itself, I'd prefer to be in a tented environment rather than a bog standard hotel - would be nice to be able to see / hear wildlife from the camp itself rather but it'd also be ace to be able to see the big 5 whilst we're there!
(I've done a couple of cheapy safari's before- one north of JNB & one in Pamuzinda safari lodge near Harare so I've seen my big 5!!)
All comments gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Swaziland in January
- 2 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 3 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 4 good internet connection option Meknes
- 5 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 6 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 7 Cape Town -safety
- 8 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 9 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 10 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 11 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 12 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 13 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 14 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 15 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 16 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 17 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 18 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 19 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 20 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?
- 21 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 22 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 23 Are Detour Africa's safaris good??
- 24 credit cards in South Africa
- 25 trip to capetown south africa