I'm getting married at the end of June & looking for a honeymoon to spend £3000 / $5000!
I work for an airline in the UK so I'm not including any air travel in the budget
I'm want to give my fiancée 2 options which she can choose from - 10 days in the Maldives (I've already been getting quotes for many places there - thanks god for travel industry discount!) OR a Safari / Beach type holiday:
We fly into Nairobi, Jo'burg, Dar-es-Salaam, Entebbe & Lusaka so looking at safari's within a drive / short flight from there.
Seeing as there are so many choices, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safari which is fairly luxurious (fit for a honeymoon anyway!) yet not going to blow the majority of my budget without leaving any for a few days on the beach somewhere!
I have had quotes from places like the Lion Sands River Lodge / Londolozi / Mala Mala but they are upwards of Zar4000 pppn (£800 per night for the 2 of us!!).
We'd be starting the honeymoon around the beginning of July so realise it'll be fairly cool in SA then but I assume it'll be warmer further north.
The safari itself, I'd prefer to be in a tented environment rather than a bog standard hotel - would be nice to be able to see / hear wildlife from the camp itself rather but it'd also be ace to be able to see the big 5 whilst we're there!
(I've done a couple of cheapy safari's before- one north of JNB & one in Pamuzinda safari lodge near Harare so I've seen my big 5!!)
All comments gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time safari question
- 2 Dubai
- 3 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 4 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 5 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 6 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 7 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 8 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 9 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 10 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 11 Etosha help
- 12 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 13 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 14 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 15 private game reserve-kruger
- 16 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 17 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 18 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 19 go2africa
- 20 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
- 21 NAMIBIA rent a car from Windhoek Airport
- 22 My Topic Titlelas mountains
- 23 Mauritius-has anyone gone on a honeymoon there?
- 24 Is website south-african-lodges.com Legit?
- 25 Botswana or Zimbabwe