I'm getting married at the end of June & looking for a honeymoon to spend £3000 / $5000!
I work for an airline in the UK so I'm not including any air travel in the budget
I'm want to give my fiancée 2 options which she can choose from - 10 days in the Maldives (I've already been getting quotes for many places there - thanks god for travel industry discount!) OR a Safari / Beach type holiday:
We fly into Nairobi, Jo'burg, Dar-es-Salaam, Entebbe & Lusaka so looking at safari's within a drive / short flight from there.
Seeing as there are so many choices, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a safari which is fairly luxurious (fit for a honeymoon anyway!) yet not going to blow the majority of my budget without leaving any for a few days on the beach somewhere!
I have had quotes from places like the Lion Sands River Lodge / Londolozi / Mala Mala but they are upwards of Zar4000 pppn (£800 per night for the 2 of us!!).
We'd be starting the honeymoon around the beginning of July so realise it'll be fairly cool in SA then but I assume it'll be warmer further north.
The safari itself, I'd prefer to be in a tented environment rather than a bog standard hotel - would be nice to be able to see / hear wildlife from the camp itself rather but it'd also be ace to be able to see the big 5 whilst we're there!
(I've done a couple of cheapy safari's before- one north of JNB & one in Pamuzinda safari lodge near Harare so I've seen my big 5!!)
All comments gratefully received!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need help with Camps Chitabe and Duma Tau
- 2 Can anyone rival Micato Safaris?
- 3 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 4 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 5 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 6 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 7 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 8 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 9 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 10 Israel itinerary
- 11 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 12 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 13 Safari photography help
- 14 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 15 Travel within Africa
- 16 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 17 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 18 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 19 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 20 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 21 Tanzania trip Advice
- 22 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 25 el gouna or soma bay????