My husband and I have will be visiting Cape Town. We check out on a Tuesday. I'm looking for some advice on our next destinations. We have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday available. We need to be back in Cape Town anytime on Friday because we have a Saturday morning flight.
My thought was to leave CT and drive to Hermanus. We could spend the day there, enjoy the town, and try to spot a whale. I originally wanted to leave there and drive on the N2 to Kynsna, but that seems to be pretty far. Now I'm contemplating stopping Wednesday night in Mossel Bay and Thursday night in Oudtshorn. Then we would drive back to CT on the N1. We don't need to do any touristy things - we just want to view the scenery, walk around quaint towns, and take photos. If there is time to do a hike or a tour, that's fine but not necessary.
Do you think this is too ambitious? Do you have any suggestions? Someone suggested not going past Hermanus but enjoying the wine country instead. I was planning to visit some of the vineyards close to CT. We aren't avid wine drinkers so more vineyards may be too much - unless there's something special.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 4 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 5 VISA for Mozambique
- 6 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 7 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 8 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 9 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 10 Best African Safari
- 11 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 12 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 13 beach visit after safari
- 14 Petra Wadi Rum
- 15 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 16 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 17 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 18 What is worth seeing in November?
- 19 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 20 Israeli Tour Guides
- 21 Masai Mara in May
- 22 Western Desert Itinerary
- 23 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 24 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 25 CASABLANCA for 1 Day