My husband and I have will be visiting Cape Town. We check out on a Tuesday. I'm looking for some advice on our next destinations. We have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday available. We need to be back in Cape Town anytime on Friday because we have a Saturday morning flight.
My thought was to leave CT and drive to Hermanus. We could spend the day there, enjoy the town, and try to spot a whale. I originally wanted to leave there and drive on the N2 to Kynsna, but that seems to be pretty far. Now I'm contemplating stopping Wednesday night in Mossel Bay and Thursday night in Oudtshorn. Then we would drive back to CT on the N1. We don't need to do any touristy things - we just want to view the scenery, walk around quaint towns, and take photos. If there is time to do a hike or a tour, that's fine but not necessary.
Do you think this is too ambitious? Do you have any suggestions? Someone suggested not going past Hermanus but enjoying the wine country instead. I was planning to visit some of the vineyards close to CT. We aren't avid wine drinkers so more vineyards may be too much - unless there's something special.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Keranique Hybrid
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 South Africa trip report
- 4 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 5 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 6 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 7 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 8 Mombasa recomendations please
- 9 Private tours in Morocco
- 10 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 11 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 12 First time to Africa-need help!
- 13 How do I know if a company is legit
- 14 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 15 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 16 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 17 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 18 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 19 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 20 Ethiopian security
- 21 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 22 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 23 morocco
- 24 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit