My husband and I have will be visiting Cape Town. We check out on a Tuesday. I'm looking for some advice on our next destinations. We have Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday available. We need to be back in Cape Town anytime on Friday because we have a Saturday morning flight.
My thought was to leave CT and drive to Hermanus. We could spend the day there, enjoy the town, and try to spot a whale. I originally wanted to leave there and drive on the N2 to Kynsna, but that seems to be pretty far. Now I'm contemplating stopping Wednesday night in Mossel Bay and Thursday night in Oudtshorn. Then we would drive back to CT on the N1. We don't need to do any touristy things - we just want to view the scenery, walk around quaint towns, and take photos. If there is time to do a hike or a tour, that's fine but not necessary.
Do you think this is too ambitious? Do you have any suggestions? Someone suggested not going past Hermanus but enjoying the wine country instead. I was planning to visit some of the vineyards close to CT. We aren't avid wine drinkers so more vineyards may be too much - unless there's something special.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Cradle of Humankind
- 4 Johannesburg...?
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Luxury train ride
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 9 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 10 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 11 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 14 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 15 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 israel tour
- 18 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 19 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 20 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 21 Safety in Fes
- 22 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina