Hello Fellow Travelers,
I'm taking my girlfriend and her family on a safari to Botswana in July / August and having been to Namibia and South Africa a few times - I thought I was good at planning but Botswana seems difficult.
We want a wild experience, not too many crowds, would like to stay in lodges some times, but also are considering if we can self-drive / camp in some other areas. We have up to 14 days there...
2 days Vic Falls
3 Days Linyati
4-5 days in Okavango
Leave Muan (possibly Salt Pans / Kalahari)
I need advice on where we should stay in Linyati and in Okavango (wet/dry/mixed) - I don't want to spend 60,000$, hoping to have some mix of nice lodging and camping or roughing it and none of them have ever been on safari - so I want to be in places that give us the chance to see everything as well as some surprises for me (wild dogs, river safari)
Should we self drive from Livingstone to Chobe and forgo Linyati? Where can we camp at all? Are there any places that a savvy off the beaten path traveler like me is missing?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Itinerary Help - Botswana; Early Planning Stages
Hello Fellow Travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 4 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls