We're thinking about taking our boys then 18, 16, and 13) to Africa in June of 2006, and have decided that a combination of Botswana and Namibia would give us a lot of variety. I'm thinking of the Okavango (water safaris)and Chobe (if we have time)In Botswana. Namibia is more difficult to pin down - Etosha and Sossusvlei for sure, Windhoek, maybe the Skeleton Coast. I'll want to have different things to do: ballooning, quad-biking (?), sand boarding, maybe a short horseback ride if they exist (2 hours max for my non-riders). What is Swakopmund like? I know my husband and I would enjoy seeing the colonial era architecture. I would hope we would have three weeks. We would not want to do a large tour, but maybe some on our own, some with a guide so that we appreciate what we're seeing. Flying to save time is ok. Cost is hard to say - we would splurge some, and be reasonable other places. I guess splurge would be in the $500 per person range (gulp) and I know Botswana is more expensive than Namibia. Any suggestions with itinerary, places to go/not go, things to do...
Itinerary help -teens and adults
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa in February?
- 2 Car Rentals in Israel
- 3 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 4 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 5 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 6 Morocco to portugal
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 9 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 10 Independence Day in Israel
- 11 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 12 Drinking on safari
- 13 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 14 Travelust
- 15 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 16 Shots for Morocco
- 17 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 18 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 19 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 22 Thinking about The Gambia
- 23 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 24 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 25 Dubai Sand Dune dinner