We're thinking about taking our boys then 18, 16, and 13) to Africa in June of 2006, and have decided that a combination of Botswana and Namibia would give us a lot of variety. I'm thinking of the Okavango (water safaris)and Chobe (if we have time)In Botswana. Namibia is more difficult to pin down - Etosha and Sossusvlei for sure, Windhoek, maybe the Skeleton Coast. I'll want to have different things to do: ballooning, quad-biking (?), sand boarding, maybe a short horseback ride if they exist (2 hours max for my non-riders). What is Swakopmund like? I know my husband and I would enjoy seeing the colonial era architecture. I would hope we would have three weeks. We would not want to do a large tour, but maybe some on our own, some with a guide so that we appreciate what we're seeing. Flying to save time is ok. Cost is hard to say - we would splurge some, and be reasonable other places. I guess splurge would be in the $500 per person range (gulp) and I know Botswana is more expensive than Namibia. Any suggestions with itinerary, places to go/not go, things to do...
Itinerary help -teens and adults
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Memory cards for camera
- 3 Sabi Sands camps
- 4 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 5 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Hotels in Nairobi
- 8 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 9 trip report, morocco
- 10 Rwanda trip report
- 11 Tel Aviv beaches
- 12 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 13 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 14 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 15 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 16 israel and petra
- 17 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 18 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 19 Israel and Petra
- 20 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 21 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 22 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 23 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 24 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?