We're thinking about taking our boys then 18, 16, and 13) to Africa in June of 2006, and have decided that a combination of Botswana and Namibia would give us a lot of variety. I'm thinking of the Okavango (water safaris)and Chobe (if we have time)In Botswana. Namibia is more difficult to pin down - Etosha and Sossusvlei for sure, Windhoek, maybe the Skeleton Coast. I'll want to have different things to do: ballooning, quad-biking (?), sand boarding, maybe a short horseback ride if they exist (2 hours max for my non-riders). What is Swakopmund like? I know my husband and I would enjoy seeing the colonial era architecture. I would hope we would have three weeks. We would not want to do a large tour, but maybe some on our own, some with a guide so that we appreciate what we're seeing. Flying to save time is ok. Cost is hard to say - we would splurge some, and be reasonable other places. I guess splurge would be in the $500 per person range (gulp) and I know Botswana is more expensive than Namibia. Any suggestions with itinerary, places to go/not go, things to do...
Itinerary help -teens and adults
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 6 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 MOROCCO SOLO
- 12 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 13 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 14 Looking for out of the way places
- 15 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 16 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 trip report, morocco
- 22 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 23 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 24 East Africa summer 2014
- 25 Cape Town Safety?