We're thinking about taking our boys then 18, 16, and 13) to Africa in June of 2006, and have decided that a combination of Botswana and Namibia would give us a lot of variety. I'm thinking of the Okavango (water safaris)and Chobe (if we have time)In Botswana. Namibia is more difficult to pin down - Etosha and Sossusvlei for sure, Windhoek, maybe the Skeleton Coast. I'll want to have different things to do: ballooning, quad-biking (?), sand boarding, maybe a short horseback ride if they exist (2 hours max for my non-riders). What is Swakopmund like? I know my husband and I would enjoy seeing the colonial era architecture. I would hope we would have three weeks. We would not want to do a large tour, but maybe some on our own, some with a guide so that we appreciate what we're seeing. Flying to save time is ok. Cost is hard to say - we would splurge some, and be reasonable other places. I guess splurge would be in the $500 per person range (gulp) and I know Botswana is more expensive than Namibia. Any suggestions with itinerary, places to go/not go, things to do...
Itinerary help -teens and adults
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 2 Safari Cost Comparison
- 3 Safari and Beach in June
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai