We are trying to plan an October trip and narrowing down places to see in Namibia. We definitely want to see the sand dunes but wondered about Etosha (did a 3 camp safari in South Africa & Botswana already), Fish River Canyon, Skeleton Coast, Naukloft Park and Windhoeck/Swakopmund. Ideally we would end our trip in Cape Town with some time in their wine country. Since we have limited time, please let us know which are the "top" spots or most memorable, where to stay -- both in local and actual hotels, etc. We tend to be more active travelers (in our 40s) but want to get a good overview of the country in a short trip (about 8-10 days).
Itinerary for Namibia -- Input & Suggestions Needed
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Safari and Beach in June
- 3 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 4 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai