We are trying to plan an October trip and narrowing down places to see in Namibia. We definitely want to see the sand dunes but wondered about Etosha (did a 3 camp safari in South Africa & Botswana already), Fish River Canyon, Skeleton Coast, Naukloft Park and Windhoeck/Swakopmund. Ideally we would end our trip in Cape Town with some time in their wine country. Since we have limited time, please let us know which are the "top" spots or most memorable, where to stay -- both in local and actual hotels, etc. We tend to be more active travelers (in our 40s) but want to get a good overview of the country in a short trip (about 8-10 days).
Itinerary for Namibia -- Input & Suggestions Needed
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa in February?
- 2 Car Rentals in Israel
- 3 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 4 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 5 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 6 Morocco to portugal
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 9 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 10 Independence Day in Israel
- 11 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 12 Drinking on safari
- 13 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 14 Travelust
- 15 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 16 Shots for Morocco
- 17 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 18 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 19 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 22 Thinking about The Gambia
- 23 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 24 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 25 Dubai Sand Dune dinner