I'm planning a safari trip for my family, boyfriend, and I for next summer. I've put together my initial itinerary and was hoping I could get some feedback from others who've been on safari. Our main goals are to see the big 5, Victoria Falls, and the wildebeest migration.
A little bit about us: We're traveling with 5 adults and one 16 year old. My mom isn't too adventurous, so things like white water rafting aren't her style. My brother, boyfriend, and I are thinking about going a few days early and going cage diving out of Cape Town and then flying to Johannesburg.
8/11 - Leave US
8/12 - Arrive in Cape Town
8/13 - Cage Diving in Cape Town
8/14 - Fly to Skukuza Airport > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/15 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/16 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/17 - Leave Sabi Sands and fly up to Victoria Falls area > Do we need to spend a night in Johannesburg or can we fly directly up to Victoria Falls?
8/18 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/19 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/20 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/21 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites?
8/22 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites? > Maybe go white water rafting?
8/23 - Leave Victoria Falls area and fly up to Nairobi > Again, do we need to spend a night here or can we fly directly up to Nairobi?
8/24 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/25 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/26 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/27 - Fly home
Thoughts? Too much/little time at any one place? Any must-do activities? Any feedback would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.datingtous.com/christian-cafe-dating/
- 2 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 3 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 4 refers to the problem of connecting
- 5 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 6 Cerebral X:-Elevated concentration
- 7 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 8 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 11 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 12 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 15 Dubai Guide
- 16 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 19 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 22 Alexandria
- 23 kicheche compared to porini
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara