I'm planning a safari trip for my family, boyfriend, and I for next summer. I've put together my initial itinerary and was hoping I could get some feedback from others who've been on safari. Our main goals are to see the big 5, Victoria Falls, and the wildebeest migration.
A little bit about us: We're traveling with 5 adults and one 16 year old. My mom isn't too adventurous, so things like white water rafting aren't her style. My brother, boyfriend, and I are thinking about going a few days early and going cage diving out of Cape Town and then flying to Johannesburg.
8/11 - Leave US
8/12 - Arrive in Cape Town
8/13 - Cage Diving in Cape Town
8/14 - Fly to Skukuza Airport > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/15 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/16 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/17 - Leave Sabi Sands and fly up to Victoria Falls area > Do we need to spend a night in Johannesburg or can we fly directly up to Victoria Falls?
8/18 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/19 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/20 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/21 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites?
8/22 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites? > Maybe go white water rafting?
8/23 - Leave Victoria Falls area and fly up to Nairobi > Again, do we need to spend a night here or can we fly directly up to Nairobi?
8/24 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/25 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/26 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/27 - Fly home
Thoughts? Too much/little time at any one place? Any must-do activities? Any feedback would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kingdom:YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:855:999:8045 YAHOO Tec*h SU*PP0RT
- 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 4 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 6 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 7 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 8 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 9 Plan To Travel To Tanzania?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions
Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara