I'm planning a safari trip for my family, boyfriend, and I for next summer. I've put together my initial itinerary and was hoping I could get some feedback from others who've been on safari. Our main goals are to see the big 5, Victoria Falls, and the wildebeest migration.
A little bit about us: We're traveling with 5 adults and one 16 year old. My mom isn't too adventurous, so things like white water rafting aren't her style. My brother, boyfriend, and I are thinking about going a few days early and going cage diving out of Cape Town and then flying to Johannesburg.
8/11 - Leave US
8/12 - Arrive in Cape Town
8/13 - Cage Diving in Cape Town
8/14 - Fly to Skukuza Airport > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/15 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/16 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/17 - Leave Sabi Sands and fly up to Victoria Falls area > Do we need to spend a night in Johannesburg or can we fly directly up to Victoria Falls?
8/18 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/19 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/20 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/21 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites?
8/22 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites? > Maybe go white water rafting?
8/23 - Leave Victoria Falls area and fly up to Nairobi > Again, do we need to spend a night here or can we fly directly up to Nairobi?
8/24 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/25 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/26 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/27 - Fly home
Thoughts? Too much/little time at any one place? Any must-do activities? Any feedback would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 2 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 3 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 4 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 7 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 8 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 9 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 10 Safari in South Africa
- 11 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 12 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 13 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 14 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 15 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 16 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 17 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 18 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 19 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 20 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 21 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 22 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 23 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 24 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 25 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara