I'm planning a safari trip for my family, boyfriend, and I for next summer. I've put together my initial itinerary and was hoping I could get some feedback from others who've been on safari. Our main goals are to see the big 5, Victoria Falls, and the wildebeest migration.
A little bit about us: We're traveling with 5 adults and one 16 year old. My mom isn't too adventurous, so things like white water rafting aren't her style. My brother, boyfriend, and I are thinking about going a few days early and going cage diving out of Cape Town and then flying to Johannesburg.
8/11 - Leave US
8/12 - Arrive in Cape Town
8/13 - Cage Diving in Cape Town
8/14 - Fly to Skukuza Airport > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/15 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/16 - Sabi Sands > Possibly stay at Aranthusa?
8/17 - Leave Sabi Sands and fly up to Victoria Falls area > Do we need to spend a night in Johannesburg or can we fly directly up to Victoria Falls?
8/18 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/19 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/20 - Chobe > Possibly stay at Muchenje or Elephant Valley?
8/21 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites?
8/22 - Victoria Falls > Victoria Falls Safari Suites? > Maybe go white water rafting?
8/23 - Leave Victoria Falls area and fly up to Nairobi > Again, do we need to spend a night here or can we fly directly up to Nairobi?
8/24 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/25 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/26 - Maasai Mara > Mara Intrepids or Mara Explorer?
8/27 - Fly home
Thoughts? Too much/little time at any one place? Any must-do activities? Any feedback would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best African Safari
- 2 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 3 Weight Loss Diet - How To Loose Belly Weight Fast
- 4 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 5 Petra Wadi Rum
- 6 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 7 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 10 What is worth seeing in November?
- 11 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 12 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 Israeli Tour Guides
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 17 Masai Mara in May
- 18 Western Desert Itinerary
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 21 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 22 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 23 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 24 Trip to Merzouga
- 25 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara