Hey guys -
First-time traveller here (outside of North America, that is) and I'm considering Turkey. I've read up on the general idea (keeping modestly dressed is a good idea, don't smile openly at strange men as they may take it as an advance) but I'd like to hear it from other women, or men who have talked to women, who have done it solo. Is there a pretty good travelling infrastructure there? Easy to meet other foreigners? Any horror stories/cautionary tales?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.usadrugguide.com/mosquitogo-patch/
- 2 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 3 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 4 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 5 Buying merchandise
- 6 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 7 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 8 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 9 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 10 Egypt January-February 2018
- 11 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 12 safari for the mobility impaired
- 13 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 14 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 15 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 16 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 17 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 18 Dining in Cape Town
- 19 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 20 Dubai plan
- 21 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 22 Israel with kids in August
- 23 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 24 Iran in May
- 25 South Africa in June
Hey guys -