I have a couple of questions, one of which is unfortunately probably going to stir up some hype. I get completely mixed reviews as to whether it is safe to travel around Israel right now. I asked the US State Department and they said that they ‘discourage traveling to Israel right now’. Of course, I do not expect chaos on the streets, but is it best to avoid travel there now until things stabilize a bit or could I travel extensively around the popular destinations and not have to worry more than visiting anywhere else.
My second question pertains to ‘where to go’. The problem is that these guides recommend WAY too many places rather than considering tourists’ realistic time and budgets. Anyway, I know Jerusalem and Nazareth are said to be very pretty (and spiritual, of course), but what about Tel Aviv, Akko, Haifa, Tsfat and Bethlehem? Which of these towns and cities would you say are a ‘must see’ versus ‘just an ordinary but pleasant’ place?
Israel: Where to Go & Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 Morocco in April 2014
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report