I have a couple of questions, one of which is unfortunately probably going to stir up some hype. I get completely mixed reviews as to whether it is safe to travel around Israel right now. I asked the US State Department and they said that they ‘discourage traveling to Israel right now’. Of course, I do not expect chaos on the streets, but is it best to avoid travel there now until things stabilize a bit or could I travel extensively around the popular destinations and not have to worry more than visiting anywhere else.
My second question pertains to ‘where to go’. The problem is that these guides recommend WAY too many places rather than considering tourists’ realistic time and budgets. Anyway, I know Jerusalem and Nazareth are said to be very pretty (and spiritual, of course), but what about Tel Aviv, Akko, Haifa, Tsfat and Bethlehem? Which of these towns and cities would you say are a ‘must see’ versus ‘just an ordinary but pleasant’ place?
Israel: Where to Go & Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 2 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 3 Tel Aviv beaches
- 4 Memory cards for camera
- 5 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 6 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 7 trip report, morocco
- 8 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 Sabi Sands camps
- 15 Hotels in Nairobi
- 16 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 17 Rwanda trip report
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 20 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 21 israel and petra
- 22 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 23 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 24 Israel and Petra
- 25 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea