I have a couple of questions, one of which is unfortunately probably going to stir up some hype. I get completely mixed reviews as to whether it is safe to travel around Israel right now. I asked the US State Department and they said that they ‘discourage traveling to Israel right now’. Of course, I do not expect chaos on the streets, but is it best to avoid travel there now until things stabilize a bit or could I travel extensively around the popular destinations and not have to worry more than visiting anywhere else.
My second question pertains to ‘where to go’. The problem is that these guides recommend WAY too many places rather than considering tourists’ realistic time and budgets. Anyway, I know Jerusalem and Nazareth are said to be very pretty (and spiritual, of course), but what about Tel Aviv, Akko, Haifa, Tsfat and Bethlehem? Which of these towns and cities would you say are a ‘must see’ versus ‘just an ordinary but pleasant’ place?
Israel: Where to Go & Safety
- 1 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 2 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 3 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 4 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 6 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 7 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 8 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 9 Africa Safari
- 10 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 11 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 12 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 13 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 14 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 15 Morocco - private tour operators
- 16 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 17 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 18 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 19 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 20 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 21 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 22 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 23 Kruger Park trip
- 24 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 25 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi