My husband and I are thinking of doing a 9-12 day trip to Israel with a sidetrip to Petra. We are active, adventurous travelers and he would like to do this as a self-drive. However, we would plan to leave the car in Israel and do a guided tour in Petra. Please provide us with any itinerary suggestions or what are your "must sees and do's" for first-time, non-Jewish visitors. Also, we will be celebrating our anniversary so I would like to stay in some nicer hotel properties (prefer boutique) and any suggestions would be appreciated. Our plans are to travel in September but after Yom Kippur.
Israel Trip Planning for First Timers....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 2 Morocco for 2 nights
- 3 Looking for out of the way places
- 4 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 7 Tanzania Safari
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 Sabi Sands camps
- 10 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 11 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 14 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 15 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 16 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 17 East Africa summer 2014
- 18 Cape Town Safety?
- 19 first time family safari in August 2014
- 20 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 21 Memory cards for camera
- 22 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 25 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports