My husband and I are thinking of doing a 9-12 day trip to Israel with a sidetrip to Petra. We are active, adventurous travelers and he would like to do this as a self-drive. However, we would plan to leave the car in Israel and do a guided tour in Petra. Please provide us with any itinerary suggestions or what are your "must sees and do's" for first-time, non-Jewish visitors. Also, we will be celebrating our anniversary so I would like to stay in some nicer hotel properties (prefer boutique) and any suggestions would be appreciated. Our plans are to travel in September but after Yom Kippur.
Israel Trip Planning for First Timers....Help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trip report, morocco
- 2 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Memory cards for camera
- 8 Help with Rwanda trip
- 9 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 10 Sabi Sands camps
- 11 Hotels in Nairobi
- 12 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 13 Rwanda trip report
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 16 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 17 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 20 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 21 Israel and Petra
- 22 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 23 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 24 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 25 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!