Hello fellow Fodorites,
My wife and I are planning our first trip to Israel in late August / early September for about 12 days. A rough draft itinerary is as follows: Spend the first 2 nights in Tel Aviv, then pick up a rental car and head north to Caesarea for the day, visit the Roman ruins on land, and dive among the ruins of the underwater archeological park. Onto Haifa for 2 nights, see Bahai Gardens and visit Akko for the day, spending the night in Haifa. Then we have at least 2 options:
1. Drive from Haifa to Tiberias, visiting the Zippori National Park en route, and spending 2 nights in Tiberias. Visit Safed the following day, spend the night in Tiberias, and then head south to Masada and the Dead Sea, visiting Bet She'an on the way. Spend 1 night in the Ein Gedi area, drive to Jerusalem, drop the rental car and spend the final 4 full days in Jerusalem. Or -
2. After a day trip to Akko, rather then drive back to spend a second night in Haifa - continue on to Safed, spend the night there and visit the city the next day. Then move onto Tiberias, and head south as described above.
Is the Zippori National Park worth making a detour for?
Also, is it safe to park in Caesarea for the day with a car full of luggage (albeit in the trunk and hopefully out of view?) I have read of break-ins the area. Would it be safer to simply head up to Haifa, unpack and double-back to Caesarea for the day?
Do we face the same "issue" (if indeed, it is in an issue), if we drive from Haifa to Akko, and leave our car (with luggage) there whilst visiting the sights for the day (before continuing on to Safed for the night), as opposed to doubling-back to Haifa for the night.
While It seems more direct and efficient, time-wise, to move from one destination to another (Tel Aviv - Caesarea - Haifa - Akko - Safed - Tiberias, etc.), stopping at hotels en route - I wonder if it would be better to have two main bases in the area (Haifa and Tiberias) and make daytrips from there?
What do you think?
Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Read More: http://naturalfitnesspoint.com/peruvian brew/
- 2 http://www.realsupplementfacts.com/parisian-glow-reviews/
- 3 Business trip to Israel
- 4 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 5 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 honeymoon place
- 8 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 9 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 10 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 11 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 12 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 13 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 14 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 15 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 16 Yom Hazikaron
- 17 Yom Haatzmaut
- 18 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 19 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 20 recomendation on African Safari company
- 21 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 22 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 23 One extra day in Jordan
- 24 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 25 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
Hello fellow Fodorites,