My wife and I are planning a first trip to Israel for 9 nights in latter May 2014. Our interests are in art, history, archeology, culture, and all religions. We're fairly well-traveled and have fun planning an itinerary, exploring, and finding sights and areas of interest. We've also gotten a lot out of having guides for certain museum and cultural experiences (ie Ephesus), and are considering how important/critical it would be to invest in guided experience for our time in Israel. Again, we normally travel pretty well on our own. Is everything all-or-nothing as far as guided tour experiences or could we benefit, for instance, in having a guide for a day here, a day there? Aside from advice on not having a car in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, is it advisable to simply rent a vehicle and plot our way around for the 9/10 days? Thanks for your thoughts.
Israel first-time, 9 nights in May 2014
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 8 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 9 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 10 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 13 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 14 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 15 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 16 Uganda Travel Planning
- 17 Israel and Jordan
- 18 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 19 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 22 Northern Circuit tour company
- 23 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 24 Oman Trip Report
- 25 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion