My wife and I are planning a first trip to Israel for 9 nights in latter May 2014. Our interests are in art, history, archeology, culture, and all religions. We're fairly well-traveled and have fun planning an itinerary, exploring, and finding sights and areas of interest. We've also gotten a lot out of having guides for certain museum and cultural experiences (ie Ephesus), and are considering how important/critical it would be to invest in guided experience for our time in Israel. Again, we normally travel pretty well on our own. Is everything all-or-nothing as far as guided tour experiences or could we benefit, for instance, in having a guide for a day here, a day there? Aside from advice on not having a car in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, is it advisable to simply rent a vehicle and plot our way around for the 9/10 days? Thanks for your thoughts.
Israel first-time, 9 nights in May 2014
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 2 fez accommodation
- 3 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 4 Iran Info, Please
- 5 Egypt safe travel
- 6 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 7 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 8 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 9 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 10 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 11 COME TO IRAN ...
- 12 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 13 what kind of phone
- 14 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 15 Johannesburg...?
- 16 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 17 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 18 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 19 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 20 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 21 Suggestions for a group tour
- 22 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 23 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 24 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 25 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai