I'm exploring whether it's worth tagging along w/ my DH (he's on biz) for a 1 week trip to Israel at the end of Jan. First time going there for both of us.
* What's the weather like at the end of Jan/early Feb? Too cold to float in the Dead Sea or snorkel in the Red Sea?
* Any major holidays that would impede travel?
* What airport to fly into? Tel Aviv vs Jerusalem?
* Suggested itinerary for 1st timers. We're open to anything quintessentially Israel -- historial sights, ruins, nature. Possible to tag on Petra too?
* How to get around? Public transpotation vs drive?
* Finally, is it safe? Terrorist attacks?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 2 Cape Town
- 3 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 4 Widerness Lodges
- 5 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 6 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 7 Cape Town -safety
- 8 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 9 SA itin review
- 10 Botswana safari in late November
- 11 Tipping on Safari
- 12 Ferry to Morocco
- 13 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 14 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 15 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 16 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 17 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 20 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 23 Lodge Feedback
- 24 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 25 Driving in South Africa