I'm exploring whether it's worth tagging along w/ my DH (he's on biz) for a 1 week trip to Israel at the end of Jan. First time going there for both of us.
* What's the weather like at the end of Jan/early Feb? Too cold to float in the Dead Sea or snorkel in the Red Sea?
* Any major holidays that would impede travel?
* What airport to fly into? Tel Aviv vs Jerusalem?
* Suggested itinerary for 1st timers. We're open to anything quintessentially Israel -- historial sights, ruins, nature. Possible to tag on Petra too?
* How to get around? Public transpotation vs drive?
* Finally, is it safe? Terrorist attacks?
Thanks in advance!
Israel at end of Feb?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 2 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 3 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 Questions about Chobe
- 6 What camera to use on safari
- 7 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 8 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 9 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 10 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 11 To go to Israel or not?
- 12 Bidair at JNB
- 13 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 14 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 15 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 16 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 17 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 18 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 19 Dubai > Oman?
- 20 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 21 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 22 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 23 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 24 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 25 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp