We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 2 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 3 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 4 Good reads
- 5 Jordan tour operator !!
- 6 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 7 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 8 South Africa in February?
- 9 Morocco Advice
- 10 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 11 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 12 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 13 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 14 3-week tour at Egypt
- 15 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 16 Beirut
- 17 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 18 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 19 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 20 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 21 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 22 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 23 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 I'm going on safari for free!