We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 2 Iran Info, Please
- 3 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 4 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 5 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 6 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 7 COME TO IRAN ...
- 8 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 9 fez accommodation
- 10 what kind of phone
- 11 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 12 Johannesburg...?
- 13 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 14 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 15 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 16 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 17 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 18 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 19 Suggestions for a group tour
- 20 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 21 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 22 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 23 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai
- 24 Morocco: Presence of Armed Guards?
- 25 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries