We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 2 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 3 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 4 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 5 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 8 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 9 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 10 Tour to Morocco
- 11 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 12 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 13 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 14 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 15 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 16 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 17 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 18 Uganda again
- 19 November at victoria falls
- 20 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 21 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 22 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 23 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 24 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 25 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra