We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 2 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 3 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 4 Jordan safety concerns
- 5 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 6 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 7 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 8 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 9 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 10 A family safari in Tanzania
- 11 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 12 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 13 Uganda Trip Report
- 14 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 15 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 16 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 17 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 18 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 19 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 20 Boutique hotels in israel
- 21 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 22 Short layover at JNB
- 23 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 24 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 25 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?