We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 2 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 3 trip report, morocco
- 4 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 5 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 6 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 7 Morocco for 2 nights
- 8 Memory cards for camera
- 9 Help with Rwanda trip
- 10 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 Hotels in Nairobi
- 13 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 14 Rwanda trip report
- 15 Tel Aviv beaches
- 16 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 17 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 18 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 19 israel and petra
- 20 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 21 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 22 Israel and Petra
- 23 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 24 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 25 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai