We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour