We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco to portugal
- 2 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 3 Car Rentals in Israel
- 4 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 5 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 6 Independence Day in Israel
- 7 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 8 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 9 South Africa in February?
- 10 Drinking on safari
- 11 Travelust
- 12 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 13 Shots for Morocco
- 14 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 15 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 16 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 17 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 20 Thinking about The Gambia
- 21 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 22 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 23 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 24 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 25 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”