We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ideas about the trip.
- 2 3 days in Teheran
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 5 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 6 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 7 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 8 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 9 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 10 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 11 Questions about Chobe
- 12 What camera to use on safari
- 13 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 14 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 15 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 16 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 17 To go to Israel or not?
- 18 Bidair at JNB
- 19 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 20 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 21 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 22 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 23 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 24 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 25 Dubai > Oman?