We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Great guide company in Egypt - Samir Abbass and Real Egypt
- 2 Morocco Trip Report
- 3 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 4 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 5 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 6 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 7 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 8 Car Rentals in Israel
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 11 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 12 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 13 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 14 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 15 Johannesburg...?
- 16 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 17 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 18 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 19 Islands to spend holidays
- 20 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 21 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 22 Safari buddies - late August
- 23 Suggestions for a week in Dubai
- 24 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 25 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA