We have a good friend from Tunisia who is visiting the U.S. as a graduate student/teaching assistant. We have seriously considered visiting the country--and her family, by invitation--but it's become a little worrisome since the Jasmine Revolution. Has anyone traveled to Tunisia since the change in government? It's hard to get reliable information about Tunisia these days. Our friend is not as convincing now about the advisability of visiting her country as she was before the ouster of Ben Ali. Not sure she really knows the whole story on travel security within her own country although she is there now on holiday break so we will talk again when she gets back. We're definitely interested in going someday but not sure this summer would be the best time. Any thoughts, based on personal experience?
Is Tunisia safe for travelers?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 SATURDAYS IN JERUSALEM
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 trip report, morocco
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 6 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 9 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 10 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 13 MOROCCO SOLO
- 14 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 15 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 16 Looking for out of the way places
- 17 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 18 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 19 Tanzania Safari
- 20 Sabi Sands camps
- 21 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 24 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 25 East Africa summer 2014