We are planning to go to South Africa driven by a 6 day trip we purchased at a charity auction. That location, Zulu Nyala, looks okay but not one we would probably have chosen if we were buying it outright. In planning the trip we have gotten interested in the Okavango delta and in seeing the Great Migration while in Africa. We were in Kenya for 10 days on an A&K group tour in 2000. A rough plan we have put together: Zulu Nyala (6nts), Cape Town area (4nts), Krieger (4nts), Botswana (4nts) and Tanzania Serengeti for the Great Migration (4nts). We would likely spend 2 nts in 2 camps in each of the areas. We would focus exclusively on the Migration in Tanzania and not go to some of the other popular sites. The question we are struggling with is whether this is too much flying around south and eastern Africa for one trip? Should we drop Botswana or Tanzania? We are not sure if and when we would return to Africa so we are motivated to want to experience the Migration now and the Delta seems like a truly unique experience as well. Timing for us is flexible but we are thinking of going late June to mid July. Your experience, recommendations and/or reasoning would be welcomed. Thanks.
Is South Africa CapeTown/Kreiger, Botswana Okavango Delta & Tanzania Great Migration too much in a 3 week trip?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Cape Town Safety?
- 3 first time family safari in August 2014
- 4 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 7 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 8 Sabi Sands camps
- 9 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 10 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 11 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 14 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 15 Tel Aviv beaches
- 16 trip report, morocco
- 17 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 20 Morocco for 2 nights
- 21 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 22 Hotels in Nairobi
- 23 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 24 Rwanda trip report
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)