We are planning to go to South Africa driven by a 6 day trip we purchased at a charity auction. That location, Zulu Nyala, looks okay but not one we would probably have chosen if we were buying it outright. In planning the trip we have gotten interested in the Okavango delta and in seeing the Great Migration while in Africa. We were in Kenya for 10 days on an A&K group tour in 2000. A rough plan we have put together: Zulu Nyala (6nts), Cape Town area (4nts), Krieger (4nts), Botswana (4nts) and Tanzania Serengeti for the Great Migration (4nts). We would likely spend 2 nts in 2 camps in each of the areas. We would focus exclusively on the Migration in Tanzania and not go to some of the other popular sites. The question we are struggling with is whether this is too much flying around south and eastern Africa for one trip? Should we drop Botswana or Tanzania? We are not sure if and when we would return to Africa so we are motivated to want to experience the Migration now and the Delta seems like a truly unique experience as well. Timing for us is flexible but we are thinking of going late June to mid July. Your experience, recommendations and/or reasoning would be welcomed. Thanks.
Is South Africa CapeTown/Kreiger, Botswana Okavango Delta & Tanzania Great Migration too much in a 3 week trip?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Beirut
- 2 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 3 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 4 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 5 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 6 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 7 Morocco Advice
- 8 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 9 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 10 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 11 I'm going on safari for free!
- 12 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 13 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 14 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 17 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 18 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 19 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 20 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 21 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 22 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 23 16 day mixed trip
- 24 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 25 Canadian Insurance