I'm planning a possible trip to Mauritius, the Seychelles or Bazaruto in Mozambique. My future parents in law have been to Mauritius and loved it, but their tastes in travel destinations are quite different from mine and my fiancé. I am having trouble working out if Mauritius can offer me the sort of holiday I'm looking for and how it compares to Bazaruto and the Seychelles..
Preferably I like deserted beaches, clear water, plenty of snorkelling, and am quite happy in rustic accommodation. Although a nice self catering or B& B suits me fine too. Not so keen on a huge hotel with a million tourists with kids hanging out.
I spent a month camping in Vilankulos in Mozambique and a few nights on Benguerra Island, which were amazing. Not so many people around, wonderful views, warm weather and great snorkelling and adventure.
I'd like to visit Mauritius but am worried that I wont be able to find the perfect deserted beach, and that its packed with tourists, which is not my cup of tea.
Another comparison perhaps would be Koh Phangan in Thailand, this island had a good combo of tourist areas, and the general amenities which go with them, restaurants, scooter rental etc, but it was also possible to get away from the crowds if you did a little trekking or took a boat to a secluded beach.
Can anyone give me a better idea of what Mauritius is like?
Another place I'd like to visit is the Seychelles, can anyone give me a comparison on that as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://nuvieskincareserum.com/zarrah-serum/
- 2 Boost up your mind with Intelleral
- 3 Helps in penis growth and elevates orgasms
- 4 Increases sexual appetite and the blood flow to the penis
- 5 Looking for Holiday Rentals in Dubai
- 6 When is the best time to climb Kilimanjaro?
- 7 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 8 Security question for recent visitors to Egypt.
- 9 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 10 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 11 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 12 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 15 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 16 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 17 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 18 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 19 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 20 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 21 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 22 Cairo International Airport
- 23 Petra from Israel
- 24 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006