I'm planning a possible trip to Mauritius, the Seychelles or Bazaruto in Mozambique. My future parents in law have been to Mauritius and loved it, but their tastes in travel destinations are quite different from mine and my fiancé. I am having trouble working out if Mauritius can offer me the sort of holiday I'm looking for and how it compares to Bazaruto and the Seychelles..
Preferably I like deserted beaches, clear water, plenty of snorkelling, and am quite happy in rustic accommodation. Although a nice self catering or B& B suits me fine too. Not so keen on a huge hotel with a million tourists with kids hanging out.
I spent a month camping in Vilankulos in Mozambique and a few nights on Benguerra Island, which were amazing. Not so many people around, wonderful views, warm weather and great snorkelling and adventure.
I'd like to visit Mauritius but am worried that I wont be able to find the perfect deserted beach, and that its packed with tourists, which is not my cup of tea.
Another comparison perhaps would be Koh Phangan in Thailand, this island had a good combo of tourist areas, and the general amenities which go with them, restaurants, scooter rental etc, but it was also possible to get away from the crowds if you did a little trekking or took a boat to a secluded beach.
Can anyone give me a better idea of what Mauritius is like?
Another place I'd like to visit is the Seychelles, can anyone give me a comparison on that as well.
Thanks so much!
Is Mauritius very touristy?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra