I'm planning a possible trip to Mauritius, the Seychelles or Bazaruto in Mozambique. My future parents in law have been to Mauritius and loved it, but their tastes in travel destinations are quite different from mine and my fiancé. I am having trouble working out if Mauritius can offer me the sort of holiday I'm looking for and how it compares to Bazaruto and the Seychelles..
Preferably I like deserted beaches, clear water, plenty of snorkelling, and am quite happy in rustic accommodation. Although a nice self catering or B& B suits me fine too. Not so keen on a huge hotel with a million tourists with kids hanging out.
I spent a month camping in Vilankulos in Mozambique and a few nights on Benguerra Island, which were amazing. Not so many people around, wonderful views, warm weather and great snorkelling and adventure.
I'd like to visit Mauritius but am worried that I wont be able to find the perfect deserted beach, and that its packed with tourists, which is not my cup of tea.
Another comparison perhaps would be Koh Phangan in Thailand, this island had a good combo of tourist areas, and the general amenities which go with them, restaurants, scooter rental etc, but it was also possible to get away from the crowds if you did a little trekking or took a boat to a secluded beach.
Can anyone give me a better idea of what Mauritius is like?
Another place I'd like to visit is the Seychelles, can anyone give me a comparison on that as well.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 2 Morocco over Christmas
- 3 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 4 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 5 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 6 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 7 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 8 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 9 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 10 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 11 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 12 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 13 DOHA LAYOVER
- 14 Morocco Questions
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 Botswana safari recs
- 17 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 18 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 19 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 20 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 21 Botswana in January
- 22 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 23 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 24 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 25 Rhino Africa - Reviews