Hey guys -
I'm going to be studying in Uganda and Rwanda for a semester beginning next month, but lately I've started to worry about the safety in Northern Uganda. I've been reading Matthew Green's "The Wizard of the Nile" in preparation for my trip, and his descriptions make Gulu sound like a pretty dangerous place for foreigners. Do I have anything to worry about? I'll be staying with a Ugandan family there for a full three weeks.
The rest of my destinations (Kampala, Kigali, Butare) seem pretty secure, but I thought I should do some more research on Gulu. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 2 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 3 Mombasa recomendations please
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Private tours in Morocco
- 6 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 7 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 8 First time to Africa-need help!
- 9 How do I know if a company is legit
- 10 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
Hey guys -