Hey guys -
I'm going to be studying in Uganda and Rwanda for a semester beginning next month, but lately I've started to worry about the safety in Northern Uganda. I've been reading Matthew Green's "The Wizard of the Nile" in preparation for my trip, and his descriptions make Gulu sound like a pretty dangerous place for foreigners. Do I have anything to worry about? I'll be staying with a Ugandan family there for a full three weeks.
The rest of my destinations (Kampala, Kigali, Butare) seem pretty secure, but I thought I should do some more research on Gulu. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 4 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 5 VISA for Mozambique
- 6 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 7 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 8 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 9 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 10 Best African Safari
- 11 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 12 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 13 beach visit after safari
- 14 Petra Wadi Rum
- 15 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 16 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 17 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 18 What is worth seeing in November?
- 19 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 20 Israeli Tour Guides
- 21 Masai Mara in May
- 22 Western Desert Itinerary
- 23 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 24 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 25 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
Hey guys -