Hey guys -
I'm going to be studying in Uganda and Rwanda for a semester beginning next month, but lately I've started to worry about the safety in Northern Uganda. I've been reading Matthew Green's "The Wizard of the Nile" in preparation for my trip, and his descriptions make Gulu sound like a pretty dangerous place for foreigners. Do I have anything to worry about? I'll be staying with a Ugandan family there for a full three weeks.
The rest of my destinations (Kampala, Kigali, Butare) seem pretty secure, but I thought I should do some more research on Gulu. Any advice?
Is Gulu safe?
Hey guys -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 2 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 3 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 4 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 MOROCCO SOLO
- 12 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 13 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 14 Looking for out of the way places
- 15 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 16 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 trip report, morocco
- 22 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 23 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 24 East Africa summer 2014
- 25 Cape Town Safety?