Hey guys -
I'm going to be studying in Uganda and Rwanda for a semester beginning next month, but lately I've started to worry about the safety in Northern Uganda. I've been reading Matthew Green's "The Wizard of the Nile" in preparation for my trip, and his descriptions make Gulu sound like a pretty dangerous place for foreigners. Do I have anything to worry about? I'll be staying with a Ugandan family there for a full three weeks.
The rest of my destinations (Kampala, Kigali, Butare) seem pretty secure, but I thought I should do some more research on Gulu. Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 2 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 3 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 4 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 5 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 8 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 9 Yom Hazikaron
- 10 Yom Haatzmaut
- 11 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 12 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 13 recomendation on African Safari company
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 16 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 17 One extra day in Jordan
- 18 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 19 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 20 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 21 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 22 Israel in Late October or November?
- 23 One month in Africa
- 24 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 25 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
Hey guys -