My wife and I went to Dubai a few years back (March 2002) and we had a good time there (check out the trip report on http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ). The other day I talked to a guy who had lived in Dubai for for a year in 2002 and he said that he could hardly recognize the place when he returned in 2005. I see that they have been building like crazy over the years so I guess a lot will change there.
But I have also gotten the impression that Dubai is becoming more of an expensive destination. Or is my impression totally wrong? Is Dubai still an affordable destination? When we went there is 2002 we stayed in Bur Dubai and we ate at many local places in town and we only went out to places like Jumeirah on day trips. I did find quite a lot of good offers in the malls and I came home with stuff like shoes, squash rackets...even a surround sound amplifier Is it still a shopping paradise?
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Is Dubai an affordable destination?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 2 Tel Aviv beaches
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 5 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 6 trip report, morocco
- 7 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 8 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 9 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 10 Morocco for 2 nights
- 11 Help with Rwanda trip
- 12 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 13 Sabi Sands camps
- 14 Hotels in Nairobi
- 15 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 16 Rwanda trip report
- 17 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 18 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 19 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 20 israel and petra
- 21 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 22 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 23 Israel and Petra
- 24 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 25 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June