My wife and I went to Dubai a few years back (March 2002) and we had a good time there (check out the trip report on http://gardkarlsen.com/dubai.htm ). The other day I talked to a guy who had lived in Dubai for for a year in 2002 and he said that he could hardly recognize the place when he returned in 2005. I see that they have been building like crazy over the years so I guess a lot will change there.
But I have also gotten the impression that Dubai is becoming more of an expensive destination. Or is my impression totally wrong? Is Dubai still an affordable destination? When we went there is 2002 we stayed in Bur Dubai and we ate at many local places in town and we only went out to places like Jumeirah on day trips. I did find quite a lot of good offers in the malls and I came home with stuff like shoes, squash rackets...even a surround sound amplifier Is it still a shopping paradise?
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wildebeest migration itinerary
- 2 6 DAYS MIGRATION CLASSIC SAFARIS -TANZANIA
- 3 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 4 One month in Africa
- 5 recomendation on African Safari company
- 6 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 7 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 8 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 9 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 10 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 11 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 14 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 15 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 16 One extra day in Jordan
- 17 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 18 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 Israel in Late October or November?
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 23 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 24 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 25 Madagascar - Books