I have read conflicting advice about this - I will be picking up an Alamo rental car at Cape Town airport. Alamo's website says I need one but I have seen a number of people post on various sites that no one asked them for one. Even asked the person I will be visiting there and she said that when she was travelling with a United States drivers license she never had to produce international. Curious about others' experiences. Thanks, Pam
is an international drivers license necessary in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 2 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 3 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 4 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 5 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 6 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 7 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 8 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 9 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 10 what kind of phone
- 11 Small group tours in israel
- 12 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 13 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 14 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 15 Iran Info, Please
- 16 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 17 Safari on a budget!
- 18 fez accommodation
- 19 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 20 Egypt safe travel
- 21 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 22 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 25 Johannesburg...?