During September-October I traveled from Turkey to UAE through Iran.
Firstly I would like to say that this was a trip of a lifetime. To anybody thinking of doing this trip I have only one thing to say....DO IT!!!
Many people have written things regarding this trip and I want to focus on one part of my trip which has not been mentioned at all. That being the Southern part of Iran along the Persian Gulf.
After arriving to Bandar Abbas and dealing with all the bureaucracy of getting the ferry to Sharjah I had two days to wait. To put it bluntly, Bandar Abbas is not the most beautiful city I have ever been in or the most interesting. So what do you do? I met a few local people and asked them what they would recommend doing for two days. One of the guys recommended going East towards a small town called Jask which includes a nice drive and a nice village. That was the biggest understatement I have ever heard!!!
I left early on a Thursday morning and headed East from Bandar Abbas. The route was one of the most beautiful routes I have ever driven on and including amazing rock formations along the whole route. The road was very good quality and was a pleasant surprise. Also along the way I stopped in a village called Minab which had a kind of local market on Thursday and was really interesting to see.
Upon arriving to Jask I was stunned by the beauty of the beaches along the Persian Gulf. I spent the afternoon walking along the beach and saw one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.
I spent the night camping along the seafront and had a most beautiful night sky over me.
The following morning I left early morning and headed back to Bandar Abbas. I arrived back to Bandar Abbas at around 14:00 and enjoyed the thought of seeing this amazing place instead of hanging around Bandar Abbas for two whole days.
The distance to Jask is around 250 km from Bandar Abbas and the roads are fairly good compared to what I expected.
If you want to enjoy a two day trip along a most beautiful route and see amazing beaches, I would highly recommend this route for you. If you don't have two days I would still recommend that you spend one day heading East as far as you can go in order to see the incredible rock formations along the route.
If anyone wants additional information or pics, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 2 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 3 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 4 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Buying merchandise
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 11 Egypt January-February 2018
- 12 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 13 safari for the mobility impaired
- 14 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 15 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 16 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 17 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 18 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 19 Dining in Cape Town
- 20 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 21 Dubai plan
- 22 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 23 Israel with kids in August
- 24 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 25 Iran in May
Iranian Southern gem along the Persian Gulf