During September-October I traveled from Turkey to UAE through Iran.
Firstly I would like to say that this was a trip of a lifetime. To anybody thinking of doing this trip I have only one thing to say....DO IT!!!
Many people have written things regarding this trip and I want to focus on one part of my trip which has not been mentioned at all. That being the Southern part of Iran along the Persian Gulf.
After arriving to Bandar Abbas and dealing with all the bureaucracy of getting the ferry to Sharjah I had two days to wait. To put it bluntly, Bandar Abbas is not the most beautiful city I have ever been in or the most interesting. So what do you do? I met a few local people and asked them what they would recommend doing for two days. One of the guys recommended going East towards a small town called Jask which includes a nice drive and a nice village. That was the biggest understatement I have ever heard!!!
I left early on a Thursday morning and headed East from Bandar Abbas. The route was one of the most beautiful routes I have ever driven on and including amazing rock formations along the whole route. The road was very good quality and was a pleasant surprise. Also along the way I stopped in a village called Minab which had a kind of local market on Thursday and was really interesting to see.
Upon arriving to Jask I was stunned by the beauty of the beaches along the Persian Gulf. I spent the afternoon walking along the beach and saw one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.
I spent the night camping along the seafront and had a most beautiful night sky over me.
The following morning I left early morning and headed back to Bandar Abbas. I arrived back to Bandar Abbas at around 14:00 and enjoyed the thought of seeing this amazing place instead of hanging around Bandar Abbas for two whole days.
The distance to Jask is around 250 km from Bandar Abbas and the roads are fairly good compared to what I expected.
If you want to enjoy a two day trip along a most beautiful route and see amazing beaches, I would highly recommend this route for you. If you don't have two days I would still recommend that you spend one day heading East as far as you can go in order to see the incredible rock formations along the route.
If anyone wants additional information or pics, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Beware of Iran tours with tour operator "Arian Tours" !!
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 4 Morocco Trip Report
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Israel Transportation
- 10 Changing planes at Dubai
- 11 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 14 Morocco help
- 15 First trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 18 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 19 IRAN
- 20 Money in Uganda
- 21 Uganda Visa
- 22 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 23 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 24 Private Guide for Cairo
- 25 Egypt - Need Help!
Iranian Southern gem along the Persian Gulf