Hi to all!
I'm working plans for a 22-day trip to Iran this October, aiming to visit mainly cities and well known attractions, supposing public transport gets there, nothing extreme (no Damavand...), as a backpacker, male, on basically low budget (dorm/ simple single room, public transport, simple restaurants...).
So, I wonder if it is possible to do such a travelling around, cheaply and easily.
I worry a little if I might have to straggle to make it, to find hostels, cheap transport without need for taxis/tours, not prebook things...?
I got some idea from web search, and it seems doable, but somehow I get the feel that it is not exactly easy, that the low budget solutions are not really many, and if booked out - then... the desert?
Any experiences, tips, recommendations, costs, could help a lot, to avoid hair-raising surprises!!!
many many thanks!!!
Iran low budget trip, backpacking, doable?
Hi to all!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 7 Morocco for 2 nights
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 MOROCCO SOLO
- 10 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 11 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 12 Looking for out of the way places
- 13 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 14 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 15 Tanzania Safari
- 16 Sabi Sands camps
- 17 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 18 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 19 trip report, morocco
- 20 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 21 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 22 East Africa summer 2014
- 23 Cape Town Safety?
- 24 first time family safari in August 2014
- 25 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...