Hi to all!
I'm working plans for a 22-day trip to Iran this October, aiming to visit mainly cities and well known attractions, supposing public transport gets there, nothing extreme (no Damavand...), as a backpacker, male, on basically low budget (dorm/ simple single room, public transport, simple restaurants...).
So, I wonder if it is possible to do such a travelling around, cheaply and easily.
I worry a little if I might have to straggle to make it, to find hostels, cheap transport without need for taxis/tours, not prebook things...?
I got some idea from web search, and it seems doable, but somehow I get the feel that it is not exactly easy, that the low budget solutions are not really many, and if booked out - then... the desert?
Any experiences, tips, recommendations, costs, could help a lot, to avoid hair-raising surprises!!!
many many thanks!!!
Iran low budget trip, backpacking, doable?
Hi to all!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morroco Travel Guide
- 2 One Day V.I.P Petra tour
- 3 Mouhoutours Adventures for a Desert Trip in Morocco !!
- 4 India
- 5 Questions about Chobe
- 6 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 7 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 8 Ideas about the trip.
- 9 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 10 3 days in Teheran
- 11 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 12 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 13 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 14 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 15 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 16 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 17 What camera to use on safari
- 18 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 19 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 20 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 21 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 22 To go to Israel or not?
- 23 Bidair at JNB
- 24 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 25 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon