Hi to all!
I'm working plans for a 22-day trip to Iran this October, aiming to visit mainly cities and well known attractions, supposing public transport gets there, nothing extreme (no Damavand...), as a backpacker, male, on basically low budget (dorm/ simple single room, public transport, simple restaurants...).
So, I wonder if it is possible to do such a travelling around, cheaply and easily.
I worry a little if I might have to straggle to make it, to find hostels, cheap transport without need for taxis/tours, not prebook things...?
I got some idea from web search, and it seems doable, but somehow I get the feel that it is not exactly easy, that the low budget solutions are not really many, and if booked out - then... the desert?
Any experiences, tips, recommendations, costs, could help a lot, to avoid hair-raising surprises!!!
many many thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Security question for recent visitors to Egypt.
- 2 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 3 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 4 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 5 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 6 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 7 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 8 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 9 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 10 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 11 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 12 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 13 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 14 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 15 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 16 Cairo International Airport
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 20 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 21 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 22 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 23 Dubai Guide
- 24 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 25 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
Hi to all!