Hi to all!
I'm working plans for a 22-day trip to Iran this October, aiming to visit mainly cities and well known attractions, supposing public transport gets there, nothing extreme (no Damavand...), as a backpacker, male, on basically low budget (dorm/ simple single room, public transport, simple restaurants...).
So, I wonder if it is possible to do such a travelling around, cheaply and easily.
I worry a little if I might have to straggle to make it, to find hostels, cheap transport without need for taxis/tours, not prebook things...?
I got some idea from web search, and it seems doable, but somehow I get the feel that it is not exactly easy, that the low budget solutions are not really many, and if booked out - then... the desert?
Any experiences, tips, recommendations, costs, could help a lot, to avoid hair-raising surprises!!!
many many thanks!!!
Iran low budget trip, backpacking, doable?
Hi to all!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 2 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 3 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 4 Morocco Trip Report
- 5 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 6 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 7 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 8 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 9 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 10 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 11 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 12 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 13 Car Rentals in Israel
- 14 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 15 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 16 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 17 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 18 Johannesburg...?
- 19 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 20 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 21 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 22 Islands to spend holidays
- 23 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 24 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 25 Safari buddies - late August