Hi to all!
I'm working plans for a 22-day trip to Iran this October, aiming to visit mainly cities and well known attractions, supposing public transport gets there, nothing extreme (no Damavand...), as a backpacker, male, on basically low budget (dorm/ simple single room, public transport, simple restaurants...).
So, I wonder if it is possible to do such a travelling around, cheaply and easily.
I worry a little if I might have to straggle to make it, to find hostels, cheap transport without need for taxis/tours, not prebook things...?
I got some idea from web search, and it seems doable, but somehow I get the feel that it is not exactly easy, that the low budget solutions are not really many, and if booked out - then... the desert?
Any experiences, tips, recommendations, costs, could help a lot, to avoid hair-raising surprises!!!
many many thanks!!!
Iran low budget trip, backpacking, doable?
Hi to all!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 2 Morocco for 2 nights
- 3 Looking for out of the way places
- 4 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 7 Tanzania Safari
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 Sabi Sands camps
- 10 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 11 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 14 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 15 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 16 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 17 East Africa summer 2014
- 18 Cape Town Safety?
- 19 first time family safari in August 2014
- 20 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 21 Memory cards for camera
- 22 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 25 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports