I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Iran Info, Please
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant