I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 name issue
- 2 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 3 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 4 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 5 Madagascar suggestions
- 6 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 7 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 8 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 9 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 10 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 11 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 12 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 13 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 14 Single traveler
- 15 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 16 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 17 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 20 morocco help please
- 21 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 22 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 23 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?
- 24 Nile cruise with Uniworld, October 2015
- 25 Israel for 10 days