I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time safari question
- 2 Dubai
- 3 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 4 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 5 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 6 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 7 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 8 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 9 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 10 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 11 Etosha help
- 12 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 13 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 14 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 15 private game reserve-kruger
- 16 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 17 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 18 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 19 go2africa
- 20 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
- 21 NAMIBIA rent a car from Windhoek Airport
- 22 My Topic Titlelas mountains
- 23 Mauritius-has anyone gone on a honeymoon there?
- 24 Is website south-african-lodges.com Legit?
- 25 Botswana or Zimbabwe