I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Iran Info, Please
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 2 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 3 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 4 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 5 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 8 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 9 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 10 Tour to Morocco
- 11 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 12 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 13 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 14 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 15 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 16 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 17 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 18 Uganda again
- 19 November at victoria falls
- 20 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 21 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 22 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 23 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 24 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 25 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra