I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco over Christmas
- 2 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 3 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 4 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 5 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 6 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 7 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 8 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 9 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 10 DOHA LAYOVER
- 11 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 12 Morocco Questions
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 Botswana safari recs
- 15 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 16 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 17 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 18 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 19 Botswana in January
- 20 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 21 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 22 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 23 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 24 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 25 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017