I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 2 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 3 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 4 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 5 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 6 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 7 Petra from Israel
- 8 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 9 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 10 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 israel tour
- 13 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 14 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 15 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 16 Luxury train ride
- 17 Safety in Fes
- 18 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 19 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 20 Sim card mainly for data
- 21 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 22 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 23 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 24 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 25 Cape Town