I have suddenly been beseiged by an overwhelming desire to go to Iran. This started formulating a few weeks ago, and after recieving Newsweek with Iran on the cover and the next day seeing the NBC program on Iran, followed by Rick Steves (!!!) in Iran on PBS the following evening-it just seems like it's meant to be. However, my vacation time is at the end of July, and I know that is not the best time to go. For those of you who have been, can you recommend a tour company? Is just over a month enough time to arrange visas? Is there any compelling reason NOT to go in July? I may be able to delay until next spring but I hate to do that. Richard Kapuscinski's Shah of Shahs just arrived in the mail from Amazon and I can't wait to go home and read it.
If not Iran in July-where else would you recommend for two moderately adventurous types? We are also considering Japan.....
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 2 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 3 Best African Safari
- 4 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 5 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 6 What is worth seeing in November?
- 7 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 8 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 9 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 10 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 11 Israeli Tour Guides
- 12 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 13 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 14 Masai Mara in May
- 15 Western Desert Itinerary
- 16 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 17 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 18 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 19 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 20 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 21 Trip to Merzouga
- 22 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 23 Uganda Visa
- 24 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 25 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana