Would anyone recommend getting a guide at any of these areas or is most of our itinerary doable by ourselves.
1 - Is there anything that we should add to our itinerary at each location?
2 - Does anyone see any problems in the itinerary or have we over planned any of our days?
3 - Any recommendations on companies to hire a driver / guide to drive us from Aswan to Luxor? What is a fair average price for this?
4 - Are there any other things to consider booking ahead of time (besides hotel / transportation) to make things easier for us?
January 31 – Recover From Jet Lag / more chill day
I will be alone in Cairo and do not want to see any of the "awesome" sites as my wife will be joining me in the evening.
Evening - Fly together to Aswan
February 1 – Aswan - High Dam / Philae Temple / Obelisk / Felucca to the Elephants Island / Aswan Market / Nubian Villiage / Fatimid cemetery / evening boat ride to the cataracts
February 2 – Hire Private Driver to Luxor –
Day – See Kom Ombo / Edfu
February 3 – Luxor West Bank –
February 4 – Luxor East Bank
February 5 – Morning Flight to Cairo -
Day - Visit the Egyptian Museum, Citadel, Coptic Cairo and Khan El Khalili Bazaar
February 6 –
Day - Visit the great Pyramids: Cheops, Chephren & Mykerions. Sphinx and then onto Sakkara and Memphis, solar boat museum
February 7 –
Day - Cairo Center City / Bazaar
February 8 – Depart Cairo early morning
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.musclesciencefacts.com/andro-beast/
- 2 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/complete-metabolism/
- 3 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 4 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 5 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 6 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 7 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 8 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 9 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 10 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 11 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 12 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 13 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 14 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 15 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 16 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Buying merchandise
- 19 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 20 Egypt January-February 2018
- 21 safari for the mobility impaired
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 24 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 25 Dubai shopping - any tips?