1) This is a question for those who have travelled without a tour groups or in their own car--are bus and train tickets easy to come by a day before departure? Anything that I should book in advance?
2) Any regrets with independent traveling? More in terms of less easy access to some great destinations.
3) My itinerary will closely mimic that of G Adventures' 14-day tour but with an extra day or two to spare. I.e. Tehran -> Yazd -> Kerman -> Shiraz/Persepolis -> Abyaneh -> Isfahan -> Tehran. Any suggestions in terms of alterations to this? Main interests are culture, architecture and history.
4) Also, if anyone has been on the G Adventures tour, what is your take on it? I've never traveled in a tour group before, and the price seems to be triple that of what I can do by myself. My other reservation is that I would continue to experience the country largely through the eyes of fellow Westerners when traveling in the group...?
5) For those who have been recently, with all the talk about sanctions being lifted etc, are credit cards still a no go for every day travel things e.g. tickets, accommodation?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 2 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 3 safari for the mobility impaired
- 4 Restaurants and other suggestions - Fez, Essaouira
- 5 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 6 Carpet cooperative in Fes or Chefchaouen
- 7 Electric plugs in Morocco
- 8 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 9 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 10 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 11 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 12 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 13 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 16 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 17 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 18 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 19 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 20 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 21 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 22 Buying merchandise
- 23 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 24 Egypt January-February 2018
- 25 Honeymoon - South Africa