1) This is a question for those who have travelled without a tour groups or in their own car--are bus and train tickets easy to come by a day before departure? Anything that I should book in advance?
2) Any regrets with independent traveling? More in terms of less easy access to some great destinations.
3) My itinerary will closely mimic that of G Adventures' 14-day tour but with an extra day or two to spare. I.e. Tehran -> Yazd -> Kerman -> Shiraz/Persepolis -> Abyaneh -> Isfahan -> Tehran. Any suggestions in terms of alterations to this? Main interests are culture, architecture and history.
4) Also, if anyone has been on the G Adventures tour, what is your take on it? I've never traveled in a tour group before, and the price seems to be triple that of what I can do by myself. My other reservation is that I would continue to experience the country largely through the eyes of fellow Westerners when traveling in the group...?
5) For those who have been recently, with all the talk about sanctions being lifted etc, are credit cards still a no go for every day travel things e.g. tickets, accommodation?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 2 Marrakech
- 3 Binocular rentals
- 4 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 5 Dead Sea day trip
- 6 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 7 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 8 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 9 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 10 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 11 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 12 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 13 Itinerary Ideas
- 14 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 15 Travel to Botswana
- 16 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 19 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 20 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 21 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 22 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 23 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 24 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 25 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.