Been a long while since I've posted anything on this bored, but I've been loyaly lurking.
Anyhow, its been more than 2 years (yikes!) since our last visit to Africa, and we're thinking of fixing that. But time and the economy being what it is, we're thinking of only spending a week on Safari this time -- not including travel time. And we're thinking November.
So, it would probably be just one or maybe two camps. We've been to Botswana before, and could happily spend a week at Mombo (if available!) or another nice camp there. Or should we try something compeletly new and go to Tanzania for the first time and maybe the Grumeti lodges (Sasakwa and the tented one, perhaps?).
Any thoughts? This will be our fourth visit to the African bush...we know a week is a very short time, but we're game. If it matters, we've done South Africa enough for now (Phinda, Singiata, Londo).
Any comments/suggestions welcome.
Best to all!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 2 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 3 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 4 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 5 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 8 Viator tour company
- 9 tours in Johannesburg
- 10 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 South African Cities
- 13 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 14 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 15 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 16 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 17 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 18 where to go in africa
- 19 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 20 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 21 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 22 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 23 Help with bags
- 24 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 25 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??