Been a long while since I've posted anything on this bored, but I've been loyaly lurking.
Anyhow, its been more than 2 years (yikes!) since our last visit to Africa, and we're thinking of fixing that. But time and the economy being what it is, we're thinking of only spending a week on Safari this time -- not including travel time. And we're thinking November.
So, it would probably be just one or maybe two camps. We've been to Botswana before, and could happily spend a week at Mombo (if available!) or another nice camp there. Or should we try something compeletly new and go to Tanzania for the first time and maybe the Grumeti lodges (Sasakwa and the tented one, perhaps?).
Any thoughts? This will be our fourth visit to the African bush...we know a week is a very short time, but we're game. If it matters, we've done South Africa enough for now (Phinda, Singiata, Londo).
Any comments/suggestions welcome.
Best to all!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 2 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 3 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 4 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 5 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 6 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 7 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 8 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 9 Safari in South Africa
- 10 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 11 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 12 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 15 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 16 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 17 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 18 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 19 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 20 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 21 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 22 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 23 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 24 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 25 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?