...other than glorious, except perhaps:
1. Magnificent; splendid.
2. Delightful; wonderful.
3. Grand; superlative.
After a lifetime of planning, a year of putting the plan into action, and finally realizing my dream-come-true, I am home from a glorious 13-day safari to Tanzania.
I have used my lifelong dream of going to Africa many times in the “All About Me” workshop I facilitate as an Employment Counsellor. The gist: If your dreams are a picture of what you want your life to look like, you can move toward them and see them become reality!
After having collected Africa travel information for (literally) years and researching the valuable information on the Forum, I took the plunge and engaged Roy Safaris to help me sort out and book my itinerary. I was fortunate enough to have my 18-year-old son and 22-year-old daughter wanting to join me on the trip. They both took a year off from school to work and save up. By the time I contacted Roy’s almost a year prior to our planned trip date, we had a very good idea of when and where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to include in the trip. The planning was very exciting and we could hardly think of anything else! (You all know the feeling).
June 25: fly Victoria, BC Canada to London.
June 26-28: London, overnight Arran Hotel.
June 28: overnight flight London to Nairobi.
June 29: shuttle bus Nairobi to Arusha, overnight Impala Hotel.
June 30: Ngiresi Village Tour, Tarangire Park, overnight Tarangire River Camp.
July 1: Tarangire Park, overnight Tarangire River Camp.
July 2: Rift Valley Children’s Village visit, afternoon Ngorongoro Crater, overnight Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
July 3: morning Ngorongoro Crater, afternoon Crater hike, overnight Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
July 4: Oldupai gorge, shifting sands, game drive to western Serengeti, overnight Kirawira camp.
July 5: western Serengeti, overnight Kirawira camp.
July 6: northern Serengeti, overnight Lobo.
July 7: northern Serengeti, overnight Lobo.
July 8: central Serengeti, overnight Serengeti Serena lodge.
July 9: Lake Manyara, overnight Kirurumu camp.
July 10: Lake Manyara, Arusha shopping, day use Kia Lodge, evening flight Arusha to Nairobi, overnight Fairview Hotel.
July 11: Nairobi City tour including Giraffe Centre, Sheldrick elephant orphanage, Blixen Museum, Utamaduni, Collector’s Den, dinner at Carnivore.
July 12: overnight flight Nairobi to London, connecting flights London to Vancouver to Victoria.
Our main focus for the trip was game viewing, and we tried to plan an itinerary that would give us the best opportunity to catch part of the migration, hence the inclusion of stays in the western, northern and central Serengeti. We also wanted to stay in a variety of tented camp and lodge accommodations. We added a couple of cultural activities to round things out and I must say that we were generally very pleased with all of our choices. Up next: the details.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/hydroluxe-serum-canada/
- 2 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 3 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 4 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 5 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 8 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 9 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 10 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 11 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 12 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 13 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 14 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 15 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 16 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 17 Buying merchandise
- 18 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 19 Egypt January-February 2018
- 20 safari for the mobility impaired
- 21 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 22 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 23 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 24 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 25 Need a Car in Nassau?
I Don't Know What to Call It ... (Tanzania Trip Report June/July 2006)
...other than glorious, except perhaps: