...other than glorious, except perhaps:
1. Magnificent; splendid.
2. Delightful; wonderful.
3. Grand; superlative.
After a lifetime of planning, a year of putting the plan into action, and finally realizing my dream-come-true, I am home from a glorious 13-day safari to Tanzania.
I have used my lifelong dream of going to Africa many times in the “All About Me” workshop I facilitate as an Employment Counsellor. The gist: If your dreams are a picture of what you want your life to look like, you can move toward them and see them become reality!
After having collected Africa travel information for (literally) years and researching the valuable information on the Forum, I took the plunge and engaged Roy Safaris to help me sort out and book my itinerary. I was fortunate enough to have my 18-year-old son and 22-year-old daughter wanting to join me on the trip. They both took a year off from school to work and save up. By the time I contacted Roy’s almost a year prior to our planned trip date, we had a very good idea of when and where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to include in the trip. The planning was very exciting and we could hardly think of anything else! (You all know the feeling).
June 25: fly Victoria, BC Canada to London.
June 26-28: London, overnight Arran Hotel.
June 28: overnight flight London to Nairobi.
June 29: shuttle bus Nairobi to Arusha, overnight Impala Hotel.
June 30: Ngiresi Village Tour, Tarangire Park, overnight Tarangire River Camp.
July 1: Tarangire Park, overnight Tarangire River Camp.
July 2: Rift Valley Children’s Village visit, afternoon Ngorongoro Crater, overnight Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
July 3: morning Ngorongoro Crater, afternoon Crater hike, overnight Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
July 4: Oldupai gorge, shifting sands, game drive to western Serengeti, overnight Kirawira camp.
July 5: western Serengeti, overnight Kirawira camp.
July 6: northern Serengeti, overnight Lobo.
July 7: northern Serengeti, overnight Lobo.
July 8: central Serengeti, overnight Serengeti Serena lodge.
July 9: Lake Manyara, overnight Kirurumu camp.
July 10: Lake Manyara, Arusha shopping, day use Kia Lodge, evening flight Arusha to Nairobi, overnight Fairview Hotel.
July 11: Nairobi City tour including Giraffe Centre, Sheldrick elephant orphanage, Blixen Museum, Utamaduni, Collector’s Den, dinner at Carnivore.
July 12: overnight flight Nairobi to London, connecting flights London to Vancouver to Victoria.
Our main focus for the trip was game viewing, and we tried to plan an itinerary that would give us the best opportunity to catch part of the migration, hence the inclusion of stays in the western, northern and central Serengeti. We also wanted to stay in a variety of tented camp and lodge accommodations. We added a couple of cultural activities to round things out and I must say that we were generally very pleased with all of our choices. Up next: the details.
I Don't Know What to Call It ... (Tanzania Trip Report June/July 2006)
...other than glorious, except perhaps:
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 2 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 3 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 4 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 5 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 6 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 7 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 8 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 9 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 10 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 11 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 12 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 13 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 14 Africa Safari
- 15 Morocco - private tour operators
- 16 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 17 Kruger Park trip
- 18 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 19 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 20 phone service
- 21 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 22 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 23 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 24 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 25 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv