A friend who has lived in Tanzania and myself are putting together a self drive itinerary from Mwanza to DAR. We'll be travelling through the Serengeti and would like to camp near Seronera in order to do the central Balloon Safari. I read some of a report by Robin who did this in self drive in 2009. She mentioned a good special campsite called Turner A that I would love to try, and it is also a pick up point for the Balloon safari. I'm just wondering how we reserve it. I checked the TANAPA website which teased me with promises of online reservations, but the link takes me to a log in, but no way to register to log in. Am I missing something? Anyone have any info? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 2 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 3 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 4 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 5 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 6 Self drive tour south africa
- 7 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 8 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together