A few years ago my husband and I went to south africa. I was able to find the camps in kruger where local visitors stay. We stayed in the huts which were great and well within our budget. I am wondering if there are any such camps in tanzania or kenya where we are heading in January please? cheers
How to do a 'local' style holiday in kenya and tanzania?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip advices
- 2 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 3 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 4 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 5 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 8 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 9 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 10 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 11 First time in Africa on safari
- 12 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 13 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 14 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 15 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 16 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 17 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 18 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 19 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 20 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 21 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 22 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 23 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 24 Binoculars for safari
- 25 South Luangwa Wild Dogs......article in NYTimes