I have been trying to determine how likely it is to encounter a sand storm in the Sahara. Some things I've read say they are fairly often but I'm not sure how reliable the source was. This isn't a frivolous question, but one of importance for me as I have a pulmonary condition and I'm trying to see if I need to prepare for a sand storm and if a particular type mask is recommended. Has anyone actually been in a sand storm and if so how long did it last and was it really intense? At one place I read that they could last from a few minutes to several days and no particular time of year was more likely than any other. Any info would be appreciated.
How likely are Sand storms in the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Boutique hotels in israel
- 2 Small group tours in israel
- 3 Help with itinerary
- 4 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 5 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 6 Egypt safe travel
- 7 how can I go to Iran ?
- 8 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 9 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 10 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 11 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 12 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 13 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 14 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 15 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 16 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 17 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 18 what kind of phone
- 19 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 20 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 21 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 22 Iran Info, Please
- 23 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 24 Safari on a budget!
- 25 fez accommodation