I have been trying to determine how likely it is to encounter a sand storm in the Sahara. Some things I've read say they are fairly often but I'm not sure how reliable the source was. This isn't a frivolous question, but one of importance for me as I have a pulmonary condition and I'm trying to see if I need to prepare for a sand storm and if a particular type mask is recommended. Has anyone actually been in a sand storm and if so how long did it last and was it really intense? At one place I read that they could last from a few minutes to several days and no particular time of year was more likely than any other. Any info would be appreciated.
How likely are Sand storms in the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 2 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 3 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Safari buddies - late August
- 6 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 7 Kruger
- 8 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 9 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 10 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 11 Morocco Trip Report
- 12 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 13 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 14 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 15 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 16 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 17 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 18 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 19 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 23 Car Rentals in Israel
- 24 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 25 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA