I have been trying to determine how likely it is to encounter a sand storm in the Sahara. Some things I've read say they are fairly often but I'm not sure how reliable the source was. This isn't a frivolous question, but one of importance for me as I have a pulmonary condition and I'm trying to see if I need to prepare for a sand storm and if a particular type mask is recommended. Has anyone actually been in a sand storm and if so how long did it last and was it really intense? At one place I read that they could last from a few minutes to several days and no particular time of year was more likely than any other. Any info would be appreciated.
How likely are Sand storms in the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 2 israel and petra
- 3 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 4 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Israel and Petra
- 7 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 8 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 11 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 12 Morocco for 2 nights
- 13 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 14 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tanzania Safari
- 17 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 18 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 19 Magnificant Morocco
- 20 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 23 World Travel Expert
- 24 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 25 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles