I have been trying to determine how likely it is to encounter a sand storm in the Sahara. Some things I've read say they are fairly often but I'm not sure how reliable the source was. This isn't a frivolous question, but one of importance for me as I have a pulmonary condition and I'm trying to see if I need to prepare for a sand storm and if a particular type mask is recommended. Has anyone actually been in a sand storm and if so how long did it last and was it really intense? At one place I read that they could last from a few minutes to several days and no particular time of year was more likely than any other. Any info would be appreciated.
How likely are Sand storms in the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 3 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 4 Zambia Impressions
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 7 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 10 Has anybody used this tour company overmorocco.com?
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015