I have been trying to determine how likely it is to encounter a sand storm in the Sahara. Some things I've read say they are fairly often but I'm not sure how reliable the source was. This isn't a frivolous question, but one of importance for me as I have a pulmonary condition and I'm trying to see if I need to prepare for a sand storm and if a particular type mask is recommended. Has anyone actually been in a sand storm and if so how long did it last and was it really intense? At one place I read that they could last from a few minutes to several days and no particular time of year was more likely than any other. Any info would be appreciated.
How likely are Sand storms in the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 2 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 3 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 4 Tel Aviv beaches
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 7 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 8 trip report, morocco
- 9 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 10 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 11 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 12 Morocco for 2 nights
- 13 Help with Rwanda trip
- 14 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 15 Sabi Sands camps
- 16 Hotels in Nairobi
- 17 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 18 Rwanda trip report
- 19 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 20 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 21 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 22 israel and petra
- 23 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 24 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 25 Israel and Petra