I have been trying to determine how likely it is to encounter a sand storm in the Sahara. Some things I've read say they are fairly often but I'm not sure how reliable the source was. This isn't a frivolous question, but one of importance for me as I have a pulmonary condition and I'm trying to see if I need to prepare for a sand storm and if a particular type mask is recommended. Has anyone actually been in a sand storm and if so how long did it last and was it really intense? At one place I read that they could last from a few minutes to several days and no particular time of year was more likely than any other. Any info would be appreciated.
How likely are Sand storms in the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 3 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 6 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 12 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 13 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 14 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 15 Uganda Travel Planning
- 16 Israel and Jordan
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back