I have been trying to determine how likely it is to encounter a sand storm in the Sahara. Some things I've read say they are fairly often but I'm not sure how reliable the source was. This isn't a frivolous question, but one of importance for me as I have a pulmonary condition and I'm trying to see if I need to prepare for a sand storm and if a particular type mask is recommended. Has anyone actually been in a sand storm and if so how long did it last and was it really intense? At one place I read that they could last from a few minutes to several days and no particular time of year was more likely than any other. Any info would be appreciated.
How likely are Sand storms in the Desert
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 3 Safari and Beach in June
- 4 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 10 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai