I’m working my plans for visiting Israel, and I wonder how cheap/expensive it gets for backpacker style.
I’m not talking for the absolute minimum record, basically for an average low budget-conscious way
(Sleeping in dorms/ simple rooms, eating at simple restaurants and some street food, travelling by public buses, etc)
Guidebooks set the low budget cost at US$ 20-40 (pppd), or NIS 80-150, is this really easy around the country?
I read other posts, that Israel is not really a backpacker destination. Hmmm…
Costs can vary for each traveller of course, but what should I expect as a rough idea?
Also: can you really enjoy some good sightseeing in low budget level, or need packages somewhere?
Many thanks- happy travels to all!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 2 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 3 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 4 Egypt January-February 2018
- 5 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 7 safari for the mobility impaired
- 8 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 9 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 10 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 13 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 14 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 15 Dining in Cape Town
- 16 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 17 Dubai plan
- 18 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 19 Israel with kids in August
- 20 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 21 Iran in May
- 22 South Africa in June
- 23 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 24 IRAN
- 25 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?