We are planning a week long visit to Amman and Petra etc. for April 2010. I started reserching this trip three months ago.
I have been reading all the posts on Fodors,(Elizabeth was a big help with her post !) and my guide book, Lonely Planet. I Googled the hotels... I spent hours reading so many comments... after a while I exclaim, "Enough!! " AND WHY? Because I"m very confused with all the different opinions about the same hotels, such as the Hishakm, Toledo, AlQars Metropol, Intercontinental and the Radisson, this last, which recived the most balanced reviews, but it is $200 plus per night, since we are planing to stay 3 night in Amman, that is a little bit too much for us. These reviews were mainly based on the noise factor, rooms being dirty, the loudness of the calling to prayer at 4;00AM, the staff's friendliness, and the restaurants... breakfast are mediocres...Like I said before all the opinions were almost perfecty divided 50 -50...So, I just don't know in which Midrange price hotel to stay.
Petra is difficult too, but how about the Amra Palace?
Our last trip was Jan 2009 to India. We were there for a month. That was absolutely the most fantastic and perfect trip!! I was impressed by all the help I recived from the Fodors Forum then... Now, I said to myself, well...why don't you try againg and ask for HELP?
By the way, I posted my trip review on the Indian Forum.
Please be kind to me and I will be eternally grateful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 2 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 3 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 4 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 5 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 6 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 7 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 10 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 11 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 12 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 15 Dubai Guide
- 16 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 19 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 22 Alexandria
- 23 kicheche compared to porini
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?