We are planning a week long visit to Amman and Petra etc. for April 2010. I started reserching this trip three months ago.
I have been reading all the posts on Fodors,(Elizabeth was a big help with her post !) and my guide book, Lonely Planet. I Googled the hotels... I spent hours reading so many comments... after a while I exclaim, "Enough!! " AND WHY? Because I"m very confused with all the different opinions about the same hotels, such as the Hishakm, Toledo, AlQars Metropol, Intercontinental and the Radisson, this last, which recived the most balanced reviews, but it is $200 plus per night, since we are planing to stay 3 night in Amman, that is a little bit too much for us. These reviews were mainly based on the noise factor, rooms being dirty, the loudness of the calling to prayer at 4;00AM, the staff's friendliness, and the restaurants... breakfast are mediocres...Like I said before all the opinions were almost perfecty divided 50 -50...So, I just don't know in which Midrange price hotel to stay.
Petra is difficult too, but how about the Amra Palace?
Our last trip was Jan 2009 to India. We were there for a month. That was absolutely the most fantastic and perfect trip!! I was impressed by all the help I recived from the Fodors Forum then... Now, I said to myself, well...why don't you try againg and ask for HELP?
By the way, I posted my trip review on the Indian Forum.
Please be kind to me and I will be eternally grateful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hp printer 1800:681:7208 TeCH support telephone contact
- 2 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 3 Safari suggestions
- 4 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 7 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 8 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 9 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 10 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 11 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 12 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 13 Passport question for International flight
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Tour operator near me
- 16 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 17 Sim card mainly for data
- 18 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 19 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 20 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 21 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 22 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 23 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 24 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 25 Storing luggage in Johannesburg