We are planning a week long visit to Amman and Petra etc. for April 2010. I started reserching this trip three months ago.
I have been reading all the posts on Fodors,(Elizabeth was a big help with her post !) and my guide book, Lonely Planet. I Googled the hotels... I spent hours reading so many comments... after a while I exclaim, "Enough!! " AND WHY? Because I"m very confused with all the different opinions about the same hotels, such as the Hishakm, Toledo, AlQars Metropol, Intercontinental and the Radisson, this last, which recived the most balanced reviews, but it is $200 plus per night, since we are planing to stay 3 night in Amman, that is a little bit too much for us. These reviews were mainly based on the noise factor, rooms being dirty, the loudness of the calling to prayer at 4;00AM, the staff's friendliness, and the restaurants... breakfast are mediocres...Like I said before all the opinions were almost perfecty divided 50 -50...So, I just don't know in which Midrange price hotel to stay.
Petra is difficult too, but how about the Amra Palace?
Our last trip was Jan 2009 to India. We were there for a month. That was absolutely the most fantastic and perfect trip!! I was impressed by all the help I recived from the Fodors Forum then... Now, I said to myself, well...why don't you try againg and ask for HELP?
By the way, I posted my trip review on the Indian Forum.
Please be kind to me and I will be eternally grateful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 6 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 8 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 9 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 10 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 11 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?