We are traveling from Israel for a few days in Jordan, mostly to see Petra, but other adventures would also be welcomed. For starters, any advice on whether we should stay near the Dead Sea at Kempinski, or near Petra at Movenpick -- or other hotels? I would prefer something that has a middle eastern feel. Any other thoughts are recommendations on things to see and do would be so welcome! thank you.
Hotel in Jordan: Movenpick versus Kempinski
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip advices
- 2 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 3 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 4 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 5 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 8 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 9 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 10 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 11 First time in Africa on safari
- 12 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 13 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 14 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 15 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 16 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 17 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 18 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 19 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 20 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 21 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 22 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 23 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 24 Binoculars for safari
- 25 South Luangwa Wild Dogs......article in NYTimes