Hello Africa board,
I'm hoping some of you knowledgeable experts will be able to help me.
I started to devise an itinerary to Namibia about a year ago, as I was hoping at the time to visit the country in September 2004 with my mother and BF. Well, work got in the way and that trip went out the window
However, my BF and I have since got engaged, and we are now seriously considering Namibia for our honeymoon (also considering Malaysia and posted on the Asia board a while ago... still can't make our minds up!). We'd want to spend around 2 weeks overall (including travel from the UK), at the end of May/beginnning of June 2005.
We're looking to 'get away from it all' but still enjoy a good level of comfort. I'm usually happy to rough it a bit, but this *is* our honeymoon, so luxury is more important this time than it might usually be. Great wildlife viewing and scenery are other important factors.
At the moment, my tentative itinerary includes:
2 or 3 nights at Little Kulala (for some reason, this place appeals to me most out of all the Namib/Sossusvlei possibilities - but happy to consider other lodges in the area if they come highly recommended!)
1 night at Okonjima
2 or 3 nights at Ongava or Little Ongava
1 or 2 nights staying at one of the Etosha restcamps (mainly for the nighttime game viewing)
2 or 3 nights at Lianshulu Lodge in the Caprivi strip.
What I'm finding hardest to work out is the transportation side. Obviously, it's our honeymoon so we don't want to spend our entire time in a car driving manically from point A to B to C. We'd prefer to break up the trip with extra stops than drive long distances every other day.
Would it be completely illogical to drive from Windhoek to Little Kulala and back, and then Windhoek to Etosha via Okonjima? Looking at my roadmap of Namibia, it seems feasible. We'd then try and get a flight to the Caprivi area from Windhoek with Air Namibia rather than driving all the way there.
Any help, tips, anecdotes, recommendations, critiques, stories, experiences, good jokes, etc. much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 2 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 3 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 6 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 7 Alexandria
- 8 Dubai in 36 hours
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 13 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 Mombasa recomendations please
- 16 Private tours in Morocco
- 17 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 18 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 19 First time to Africa-need help!
- 20 How do I know if a company is legit
- 21 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 22 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 25 Jewish tour Casablanca
Hello Africa board,