Hello Africa board,
I'm hoping some of you knowledgeable experts will be able to help me.
I started to devise an itinerary to Namibia about a year ago, as I was hoping at the time to visit the country in September 2004 with my mother and BF. Well, work got in the way and that trip went out the window
However, my BF and I have since got engaged, and we are now seriously considering Namibia for our honeymoon (also considering Malaysia and posted on the Asia board a while ago... still can't make our minds up!). We'd want to spend around 2 weeks overall (including travel from the UK), at the end of May/beginnning of June 2005.
We're looking to 'get away from it all' but still enjoy a good level of comfort. I'm usually happy to rough it a bit, but this *is* our honeymoon, so luxury is more important this time than it might usually be. Great wildlife viewing and scenery are other important factors.
At the moment, my tentative itinerary includes:
2 or 3 nights at Little Kulala (for some reason, this place appeals to me most out of all the Namib/Sossusvlei possibilities - but happy to consider other lodges in the area if they come highly recommended!)
1 night at Okonjima
2 or 3 nights at Ongava or Little Ongava
1 or 2 nights staying at one of the Etosha restcamps (mainly for the nighttime game viewing)
2 or 3 nights at Lianshulu Lodge in the Caprivi strip.
What I'm finding hardest to work out is the transportation side. Obviously, it's our honeymoon so we don't want to spend our entire time in a car driving manically from point A to B to C. We'd prefer to break up the trip with extra stops than drive long distances every other day.
Would it be completely illogical to drive from Windhoek to Little Kulala and back, and then Windhoek to Etosha via Okonjima? Looking at my roadmap of Namibia, it seems feasible. We'd then try and get a flight to the Caprivi area from Windhoek with Air Namibia rather than driving all the way there.
Any help, tips, anecdotes, recommendations, critiques, stories, experiences, good jokes, etc. much appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco trip suggestions please
- 2 Gorrillas in Rwanda
- 3 Car Rental from Cape Town
- 4 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 5 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 6 Non Stop Flights to Cairo
- 7 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 8 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 9 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 10 Kenya
- 11 Change of Entry Requirements for South Africa for Minors
- 12 SA Travel Vets - Anyone mind critiquing my itinerary?
- 13 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 14 Driver/guide for trip around Madagascar
- 15 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 16 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 17 African Safari
- 18 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 19 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 20 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 21 Please give your preferences on these two private Lodges
- 22 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 23 Is the migration early this year
- 24 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 25 Cape Town Itinerary
Hello Africa board,