I returned on Friday from 5 days in Dubai. It was a winter sun break. It lived up to that though a chill wind blew in the evening. I was based in Deira (the east side of the creek). The InterContinental Hotel is first class but at a price (Sterling 100 off season). Most holiday packages will book you into Chicago Beach resort or one of the others further in the direction of Abu Dhabi. These are 30 Km or more out of Dubai town where the famed shopping is. There is not an awful lot to see in the Dubai Emirate though the 4WD trip up the wadis is fun. Dubai Airport duty free is NOT that special. It is over-hyped. Frankly London Heathrow has got a MUCH better range of outlets. I think Dubai duty free has not caught up with what the rest of the world has been doing this past 10 years. Have a good trip
HONEYMOON IN DUBAI & EGYPT
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 2 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 3 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 4 Bugs n' Botswana
- 5 Safari Cost Comparison
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Group Trip to Israel
- 8 My Trip to Palestine
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 11 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 12 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 13 My trip to Egypt .....
- 14 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 15 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 18 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 19 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 20 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 21 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 22 Homestay Accomodation
- 23 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 24 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 25 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia