I returned on Friday from 5 days in Dubai. It was a winter sun break. It lived up to that though a chill wind blew in the evening. I was based in Deira (the east side of the creek). The InterContinental Hotel is first class but at a price (Sterling 100 off season). Most holiday packages will book you into Chicago Beach resort or one of the others further in the direction of Abu Dhabi. These are 30 Km or more out of Dubai town where the famed shopping is. There is not an awful lot to see in the Dubai Emirate though the 4WD trip up the wadis is fun. Dubai Airport duty free is NOT that special. It is over-hyped. Frankly London Heathrow has got a MUCH better range of outlets. I think Dubai duty free has not caught up with what the rest of the world has been doing this past 10 years. Have a good trip
HONEYMOON IN DUBAI & EGYPT
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report