I returned on Friday from 5 days in Dubai. It was a winter sun break. It lived up to that though a chill wind blew in the evening. I was based in Deira (the east side of the creek). The InterContinental Hotel is first class but at a price (Sterling 100 off season). Most holiday packages will book you into Chicago Beach resort or one of the others further in the direction of Abu Dhabi. These are 30 Km or more out of Dubai town where the famed shopping is. There is not an awful lot to see in the Dubai Emirate though the 4WD trip up the wadis is fun. Dubai Airport duty free is NOT that special. It is over-hyped. Frankly London Heathrow has got a MUCH better range of outlets. I think Dubai duty free has not caught up with what the rest of the world has been doing this past 10 years. Have a good trip
HONEYMOON IN DUBAI & EGYPT
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 3 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 4 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 5 Morocco Sahara Desert Experience - Trip Report
- 6 Questions about Chobe
- 7 What camera to use on safari
- 8 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 9 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 10 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 11 India
- 12 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 13 Ideas about the trip.
- 14 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 15 3 days in Teheran
- 16 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 17 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 18 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 21 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 22 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 23 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 24 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 25 FOREX Nairobi airport