I returned on Friday from 5 days in Dubai. It was a winter sun break. It lived up to that though a chill wind blew in the evening. I was based in Deira (the east side of the creek). The InterContinental Hotel is first class but at a price (Sterling 100 off season). Most holiday packages will book you into Chicago Beach resort or one of the others further in the direction of Abu Dhabi. These are 30 Km or more out of Dubai town where the famed shopping is. There is not an awful lot to see in the Dubai Emirate though the 4WD trip up the wadis is fun. Dubai Airport duty free is NOT that special. It is over-hyped. Frankly London Heathrow has got a MUCH better range of outlets. I think Dubai duty free has not caught up with what the rest of the world has been doing this past 10 years. Have a good trip
HONEYMOON IN DUBAI & EGYPT
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Car rent at Dubai
- 3 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 4 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 5 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 6 Zambia Impressions
- 7 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 8 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 9 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 10 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 11 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 12 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 13 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 16 Taste of Dubai
- 17 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 18 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 19 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 20 Dubai and/or Oman
- 21 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 22 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 23 Morocco Advice
- 24 MOROCCO SOLO
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015