I am planning my honeymoon for November 2011 and am trying to figure out a good itinerary. Originally we were going to go to Australia, but with the AUD worth more than the USD, we decided to rethink that option!
We would like to travel to Namibia and Mozambique over a 2 week period. We will be using miles to fly into Windhoek (from Chicago) and out of Cape Town. We would like to see the sand dunes in Namibia, do a safari in either Etosha and stay in a nice resort and do some scuba diving in Mozambique. We are active (hiking, scuba diving, etc), enjoy food and wine (but don't know all that much about the latter), taking photos and enjoy learning about other cultures.
I've attached a preliminary itinerary below. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated! We don't mind driving a bit, but don't want to rush a ton. Also accommodation recs would be great. We would want a mid-range place in Namibia (maybe like USD $300 / night for both of us) and would splurge in Mozamibique (up to $1000/night for both of us). We are looking at the Rani resorts for our time in Mozamibique and would only stay in one spot for those 5 days.
Thursday November 11: Leave Chicago, evening
Friday November 12: All day London, leave for SA at night
Saturday November 13: Arrive in JNB in morning, arrive in Namibia in afternoon. Evening in Windhoek
Sunday November 14: Drive to dunes. See stuff along the way
Monday November 15: Dunes
Tuesday November 16: Dunes / other stuff in area
Wednesday November 17: Drive up to seal area, skeleton coast? Or just drive up to Etosha
Thursday November 18: Drive up to Etosha
Friday November 19: Safari (Etosha)
Saturday November 20: Safari (Etosha)
Sunday November 21: Safari (Etosha), drive to Windhoek and fly to JNB that night
Monday November 22: Fly to Mozambique from JNB. Arrive in afternoon at resort
Tuesday November 23: Diving, resort
Wednesday November 24: Diving, resort
Thursday November 25: Diving, resort
Friday November 26: Diving, resort
Saturday November 27: Other non-diving activity, resort
November 27: Leave morning of Sunday 11/27 for Cape Town.
Monday November 28: Arrive in London (~7am), fly to US
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://getmenshealth.com/andro-beast/
- 2 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/complete-metabolism/
- 3 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 4 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 5 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 6 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 7 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 8 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 9 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 10 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 11 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 12 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 13 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 14 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 15 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 16 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Buying merchandise
- 19 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 20 Egypt January-February 2018
- 21 safari for the mobility impaired
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 24 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 25 Dubai shopping - any tips?